Defeat from the brink of victory

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Defeat from the brink of victory

Postby Flynn » 18 Jan 2013, 19:18

I am utterly speechless as to how I lost this game. I was dominating this guy from the land, sea and air, which kept him to his own little corner of the map. I failed to capitalise on the air superiority in favour of more land spam. His Riptides seem to tip the balance in his favour, I don't know how though. If you see the middle of this game you would not believe that I lost. Needless to say I am pissed!
Attachments
567269-Flynn.fafreplay
(51.06 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
Flynn
Evaluator

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Flynn

Re: Defeat from the brink of victory

Postby ColonelSheppard » 18 Jan 2013, 19:23

4 scouts before any engine??? just no

there was no lan/air domination at any point
you dominated sea but you did not even destroy all mexes or capture all outside mexes or build t2 navy, basicly you just got ownd by t2 land

stop 4 scouts first and you will have a big improve already (you can build one if you really want)
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Pierto » 18 Jan 2013, 20:26

You may have had an advantage in the first 10 minutes with your T1 land spam. However, I think you invested too much in navy too really exploit this advantage, giving your opponent time and resources to tech up to T2.

And yes, losing when you thought you had the game in the bag, sucks bigtime. Take a look at my replay. I was so glad I had a fatboy running in at my opponents base that I completely neglected the fact that 3 percivals were shooting my commander. And all I should have done was do some overcharges or run into the water... STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!
Attachments
563164-Pierto.fafreplay
(106.6 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
"T2 mex, I think it's a mistake! Why not do something more useful?" (RA_Zlo in a ranked 1v1 game against Yarma_Darma on Haven's Reef)
Pierto

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Pietros

Postby Flynn » 19 Jan 2013, 00:31

Holy crap Pierto, I believe we have met on the battlefield. Those Percivals where the same ones that you almost pursued and destroyed. You took that very well! It seems that you thought of every option but the most effective one of putting your com in the water. I have times like that too! At least a standard com assassination doesn't leave you scratching your head though, like with my game. I really thought I had that guy! I was angry at the time I wanted to type something in the chat to provoke him but I didn't. It takes balls to watch all of your expansions and base get wiped out infront of you.
Flynn
Evaluator

Postby Pierto » 19 Jan 2013, 03:53

Yeah well, sometimes you gotta suck it up, take the loss and move on... the one thing I learned is: never leave your commander standing around doing nothing...
"T2 mex, I think it's a mistake! Why not do something more useful?" (RA_Zlo in a ranked 1v1 game against Yarma_Darma on Haven's Reef)
Pierto

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Pietros

Postby Flynn » 19 Jan 2013, 11:28

Yeah, even if he is doing a little thing like assisting a factory is helpful.
Flynn
Evaluator

Return to Help