Replay Help

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Replay Help

Postby Flynn » 14 Jan 2013, 13:20

Okay, I went through a period of relative ownage, I was dominating higher rated players and generally thought I was destined to climb the leaderboard. Now I have been beaten by three players that I have beaten at least once before. I could watch the replay myself but it won't help me. Whenever I watch replays all I notice is that my opponent has more mass than me and somehow manages to out spam me even though their factories are all in their main base (usually). I beat the guy in this replay before but now he can beat me? WTH? This has happened with 3 other players that I have beaten before, they have all come back to give me a good ass kicking at least once, some on multiple occasions. It is becoming frustrating and annoying now! It's like I've lost all my skill.
Attachments
558470-Flynn.fafreplay
(31.05 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Flynn
Evaluator

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Flynn

Re: Replay Help

Postby ColonelSheppard » 14 Jan 2013, 15:32

- place your factory towards the direction your engeneer is going to move or to a mex
- your BO is improvable, you have to put more focus on the hydro
- LAB were running into the tank even when you saw it
- use intel if you got it
- your expansion is way too slow and you did not protect any of your engeneers
- you lab should not atack a mex but a engeneer, only atack mexes if there is really no better target (at least if you have only 1 LAB)
- you commander runs back to base at min 5
- no scouts at all after the first rading troup, tank:scout 4:1/5:1
- min 7:30 you are still not using your commander ( you HAVE to do taht on 5v5 maps whatever UBER might have said in any thread
- build ground to air if you lost air controll
- 8:44 commander still off the front/no defence at bot/no radar
- no reclaiming in the whole game: build 2 engeneers more and reclaim the rocks and reclaim the wrecks with your commander (last thing you did in the end but was too late)

so the main things are:

- radar/landscout
- using of the intel information
- protecting engeneers
- going for HC faster (on this map)
- reclaim (was good at the end but not there at the beginn where it is probably most important)

Faction:
- aeon tanks are weak in close combat, you have to use their overrange or you will get pwnd (kiting), i hardly see people on lower rating using them correctly so i suggest everybody to start with other factions, but thats personal opinion

i hope i can help you

PS: i know i posted this in another thread before, my mistake. was ment to be here
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Flynn » 14 Jan 2013, 18:39

Thanks for the help ColonelSheppard. All of the things you have said I try to do already. But my problem if that I have so many things to do that I forget sometimes. Or if I have remembered to build a radar, and then it gets knocked down I then forget to rebuild it. For expansion I normally do 3 engies, 1 scout and two bots. I can use the bots for either raiding or expansion. Do you have any advice for me how to speed up my expansion? Often it's a trade off between having enough bots for raiding or having enough engies. Sometimes on the larger maps I make a factory just for engies but on smaller maps it is not efficient.
Flynn
Evaluator

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Flynn

Postby ColonelSheppard » 14 Jan 2013, 18:43

i'm aware that there is no general BO

i would say one tank per engeneer as a gerneral guiede line at the beginning, or very good scouting

i would suggest you remember whenever you lost an engeneer on a certain position you send reenforcements with him next times
personally i would not use t1 bots for defending engeneers, the other bot could dodge yours for a long enough time to kill you engeneer, so better use it for raiding only
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Softly » 14 Jan 2013, 19:03

Flynn wrote:But my problem if that I have so many things to do that I forget sometimes.

This sums up the FA quite nicely...

Welcome to Forged Alliance!
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Return to Help