Time to get better!

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Time to get better!

Postby ColonelSheppard » 07 Jan 2013, 02:04

good evening guys,

so you people know me, most of them and you probably can figure out much of my replays, much more than i will post here.

Anyway, im at 1800-1900 rating now and this seems to be a pretty good relative skill calculation, as games against other players with the same rating normaly become intressting, but i dont want to be one of the people one day that have 3k + games and are still at the level they were at their 300th game.
My problem is, when i look at my replays, i can tell you 100 specifc things that are wrong in every of my replays, a wrog tank move, a bad int micro, a reclaimed lab whatever things like this, small things that make you lose.
But i do things like this EVERY game but i win 50% of them, so often when i look at my replays my only thought is: "wtf how did i win this" (and im not talking about snipes now) or "wtf went wrong"
There are 4 replays with this wtf's in it, two wins and two loses. I'm not looking for spcific mistakes like: "you wasted a tank there" yeah sure i got that, i'm looking for general mistakes or the reason why the tank(s) was/were wasted there (even if scouted).

The second thing is: more or less every game is have at least 10% less mass than my opponent (even if i win). Why? (ok thats impossible to answer i know but im to lazy to delete this line).
I hope you can give me some tips, aim for till end of this season is to kill on of the top 10 players without snipe. :mrgreen:
Last edited by ColonelSheppard on 07 Feb 2013, 12:25, edited 3 times in total.
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Re: Time to get better!

Postby stalewee » 07 Jan 2013, 02:41

Lol, forum needs a "Help me I'm a pro!" section
stalewee
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: stalewee

Postby Softly » 07 Jan 2013, 03:18

Just watched the first Why lose replay vs Congreve, the one thing that stood out to me was how long your acu spent in base building facs. You did get your production up, but in doing so gave up the map and the reclaim to congreve. The best policy I think is to go for two facs, then get walking with the acu. (Except on like Seraphim Glaciers)

Another thing that didn't help was how your fourth land fac was idle all game, and the last one you built was idle as well. This combined with my previous point, and the fact that you weren't particularly behind in the number of units you had, suggests to me that the extra time you spent in base with your com didn't actually get you anything in the end, with extra production being balanced out with less mass.

Finally you needed to be a little more patient with how you used your units. If anything, I would have said you had more bots than Congreve before your showdown, but he used his much better. A nice tight formation like congreve had around the acu is optimal. This is because when you give all your units one big move order into that, they split up a bit, start walking in lines, and just generally spread out a bit more. This means when you do engage, you have less bots in range of the opponent at any one time, so you're doing less than if you waited out and let them run at you.

All that said, saying and doing are two completely different things as I regularly find out.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby ColonelSheppard » 20 Jan 2013, 00:13

571284-UES_Sheppard.fafreplay
(88.89 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

what the ****
ColonelSheppard
Contributor