Returning Player, Some Questions about Patch Changes [SOLVED]

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Returning Player, Some Questions about Patch Changes

Postby Bataar_ » 29 Nov 2012, 17:10

Hi,

after a long break(since 2009, 3599 Version) i started playing and enjoying FA again.
Most of the annoying bugs are a thing of the past now and the Lobby is done great :D

But there are some small things in the new balance i did not figure out the thought process behind.
Maybe someone can explain.

1. ACU Deathnuke down to 2500
seems to allow more reckless ACU combat, UEF probably got the most out of this with a high hp ACU

2. Sera Regen field
the old one was OP, and ppls agreed to not build it
the new one seems UP and ppls seems prefer the gunupgrade

3. Mass on some maps
White Fire used to be one of my favorite maps for teamgames, but now there is way to much reclaimables in the FAF version

4. Atack move out of a factory
Engys still getting wierd bahavior and huge reclaim ranges, but it seems use of this bug is generally accepted

5. T1 Balance
maybe my source of old values is wrong(http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/Cybran_T1_Assault_Bot) but did cybran got buffed while other stayed the same?
From my memory Cybran was the most played race back then already cause there good T1 tanks and T1 air, followed by T2 Rangebots later

Anyways maybe someone can help me understand :ugeek:

Cya in ranked games ;)
Bataar_

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Bataar_

Re: Returning Player  [SOLVED]

Postby Ze_PilOt » 29 Nov 2012, 17:37

Bataar_ wrote:1. ACU Deathnuke down to 2500

Reducing the draw possibilities and combomb. It was really easy to force a draw early in the game if you've failed your opening in 1v1.

Bataar_ wrote:2. Sera Regen field

Yes. Nobody seems to care about balancing that, and UP is less problematic than OP.

Bataar_ wrote:3. Mass on some maps
White Fire used to be one of my favorite maps for teamgames, but now there is way to much reclaimables in the FAF version

Because of sea wrecks. Fairly easy to remake the map like the original and put in the vault.

Bataar_ wrote:4. Atack move out of a factory
Engys still getting wierd bahavior and huge reclaim ranges, but it seems use of this bug is generally accepted

For me it's an exploit, but sadly it's considered as a feature for a lot of players, feel free to abuse it.

Bataar_ wrote:5. T1 Balance
maybe my source of old values is wrong(http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/Cybran_T1_Assault_Bot) but did cybran got buffed while other stayed the same?

Their speed got buffed by 0.1 to make the game a little nervous. It buff the mantis slightly, but it's insignificant (compared to the previous value, it was already faster before).
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: Returning Player

Postby Kryo » 29 Nov 2012, 23:39

Bataar_ wrote:Hi,

after a long break(since 2009, 3599 Version) i started playing and enjoying FA again.
Most of the annoying bugs are a thing of the past now and the Lobby is done great :D

But there are some small things in the new balance i did not figure out the thought process behind.
Maybe someone can explain.

1. ACU Deathnuke down to 2500
seems to allow more reckless ACU combat, UEF probably got the most out of this with a high hp ACU

2. Sera Regen field

3. Mass on some maps

4. Atack move out of a factory

5. T1 Balance
From my memory Cybran was the most played race back then already cause there good T1 tanks and T1 air, followed by T2 Rangebots later

Anyways maybe someone can help me understand :ugeek:

Cya in ranked games ;)

hey bataar I heard you play like a boss? :D

someone should do a white fire remake, that is true!
Kryo
Evaluator

FAF User Name: Kryo

Postby Bataar_ » 30 Nov 2012, 13:58

Thanks for fast response

Ze_PilOt wrote:Reducing the draw possibilities and combomb. It was really easy to force a draw early in the game if you've failed your opening in 1v1.

hm ok now its harder but i like that u can get a draw out of game which already snowballs in favor of the opponent.

Ze_PilOt wrote:Yes. Nobody seems to care about balancing that, and UP is less problematic than OP.

for sure, to bad some diversity is gone that way and this upgrade ends as another noobtrap
Ze_PilOt wrote:Because of sea wrecks. Fairly easy to remake the map like the original and put in the vault.

so the wrecks where placed by gpg but due to sea wrecks never worked noone noticed till faf? :lol:
Ze_PilOt wrote:For me it's an exploit, but sadly it's considered as a feature for a lot of players, feel free to abuse it.

Cant you or whoever did the balance just get rid of this? Seems a small change(in theorie) but the way gpg done stuff it is probably to complex and time consuming for the benefits. Time to abuse it too when im in "serious play to win" mode ...
Ze_PilOt wrote:Their speed got buffed by 0.1 to make the game a little nervous. It buff the mantis slightly, but it's insignificant (compared to the previous value, it was already faster before).

Is there somehwere data which faction is played most and some win percentage?

Kryo wrote:hey bataar I heard you play like a boss? :D

someone should do a white fire remake, that is true!

only sometimes and until lategame and when i dont play with you :D
my last ranked on some of the new custom maps ended me nuking the other one cause i failed to break his base
Bataar_

FAF User Name: Bataar_

Postby pip » 30 Nov 2012, 15:25

Additionnal feedback:

2) It's very easy to make the Restoration field more useful : just increasing the range a bit to make it easier to use and to benefit more units than just 5. But nobody seems to care so I gave up asking for it. It's indeed currently a noob trap. If you'd like this upgrade to be more interesting, you should request it for next patch:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2424
You're just in time to make a moderate suggestion (like + 5 or 7 range for both upgrades). It regenerates units AND buildings, so it would be useful with wider area of effect (also for naval repairs, where it's the most useful, wider area makes it easier to use).

3) The naval wrecks don't give as much mass as land wrecks (50% of unit cost instead of 80%), so the total value of wreck is not that high as you may think.

4) Cybran have been nerfed since 3599, especially because Hoplites now have only 450 HP. If you want to check the percentage of win / loss, etc I just know you can go in the leaderboards Tab in FAF lobby, ladder maps stats and check this kind of informations.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Return to Help