Do I need FA? Or is Base game ok? [SOLVED]

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Do I need FA? Or is Base game ok?

Postby HappyWulf » 27 Nov 2012, 22:15

Basically Subject line. Does the FAF client support base Supreme Commander? I just reinstalled my Steam copy and am getting a few friends into the game, and I want to make sure everything will work once we're all ready.

Also, as a side question, are there any StarWars mods that I should know about? My roomie is a big time geek head and I would like to get him interested in it too... it might be easier to do if I can show him it has a StarWars version. >=3
HappyWulf

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: HappyWulf

Re: Do I need FA? Or is Base game ok?

Postby Adraius » 27 Nov 2012, 22:22

You do need Forged Alliance as well, but (at least according to a response to a similar thread a couple weeks ago) there is apparently a way to get FA free if you have already have the original on Steam.

Even if that was just a rumor or a limited-time deal, FA is only $5 or so. As for a Star Wars mod, I'm afraid I don't know of any. But I hope you and your friend enjoy FAF. ^^
Adraius

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Adraius

Re: Do I need FA? Or is Base game ok?  [SOLVED]

Postby Softly » 27 Nov 2012, 22:50

Entering a retail version cd key into steam will get you both FA and vanilla through steam.

FAF only supports the FA executable, but there is a mod to give the vanilla balance if that's what you want.

No star wars I've heard about...
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Return to Help