Delete Account? [SOLVED]

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Delete Account?

Postby GDL » 14 Dec 2019, 11:15

Hi all.

I can't find the option to remove the account link to my Steam account, nor the option to delete my FAF account.
Could someone kindly point me to it?

Thanks.
GDL

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: GDL

Re: Delete Account?

Postby Geosearchef » 14 Dec 2019, 16:06

It doesn't exist. You're not supposed to unlink your steam account as FAF follows a strict no smurfing policy. What's the issue with using your old account?
In case you can't access it anymore, you can use your linked steam account to prove ownership and change the FAF account's email address.

However, under GDPR you have the right to request deletion of all your personally identifying information. If you want to request erasure of this data, write an email to [email protected].
Developer, Server Admin, ICE, currently working on Team Matchmaking, FAF Client
Geosearchef
Contributor

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 127 times
FAF User Name: Geosearchef

Postby GDL » 14 Dec 2019, 18:59

Geosearchef wrote:It doesn't exist.

I'm not in the habbit of leaving any product linked to my Steam account once I'm done using it.
The FAF staff forced the linkage of accounts, they can unlink it.

If there is really no way, as in it's impossible, then I think that it needs to be well publicised that FAF's poilicy is a one way deal. As I'd never have even signed up if that was the case.
Geosearchef wrote:You're not supposed to unlink your steam account as FAF follows a strict no smurfing policy. What's the issue with using your old account?
In case you can't access it anymore, you can use your linked steam account to prove ownership and change the FAF account's email address.

I have no old\other account. Just this one. - I cannot be the first person to stop using FAF and request this?
Geosearchef wrote:However, under GDPR you have the right to request deletion of all your personally identifying information. If you want to request erasure of this data, write an email to [email protected].

I don't think you hold any personaly identifying information on me so not that fussed.
The link into my Steam account is of a higher priority.
GDL

Postby Uveso » 15 Dec 2019, 02:51

GDL wrote:The link into my Steam account is of a higher priority.

That's the point.

Of course it will be possible to unlink your steam ID with your FAF account.
But you will not be able to create any new FAF account with this steam ID again. (smurf protection)

And i guess you are exactly trying this.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Postby PhilipJFry » 15 Dec 2019, 08:39

there is no need to get super suspicious

he just wanted to get some maps from the map vault and they didn't work with the no-rush timer since ozonex map editor has a default value of 0 for that which makes the map unplayable with no rush during the no rush duration

anyway -> write an email to [email protected] and an admin will take a look at your request
your habits are not important to us
what is important to us is how we run FAF and the legal obligations (most importantly the GDPR in the EU) we have
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Re: Delete Account?  [SOLVED]

Postby GDL » 15 Dec 2019, 11:04

Sorry PJ, I didn't know you were on here.

Yeah that worked so I have ko issues keeping the accounts linked. Sorry for any issues caused.

I just wanted a few more maps for my comp-stomp sessions.

Sorry for any hassles.
Thanks.
GDL

Return to Help