How to select all Air units EXCEPT transport units ??

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

How to select all Air units EXCEPT transport units ??

Postby GamerDreams2019ns » 15 Nov 2019, 13:59

Usually my transport units are loaded with Engineers and during chaotic time I will call all Air units to defend a critical area. But I don't want to mess up the transport units which are loaded with Engineers.

Thanks.
GamerDreams2019ns

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: SupNoviceCom19

Re: How to select all Air units EXCEPT transport units ??

Postby speed2 » 15 Nov 2019, 17:35

Bind a key to select all air fighters. Or create some custom one. There should be a guide lying around somewhere.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby armacham01 » 15 Nov 2019, 18:07

I agree with Speed2. I have the "2" key bound to "select all fighters" (interceptors, swift winds, and ASF). I realized at some point that I just wasn't using the 1-10 keys to make custom groups--that just doesn't really happen in FAF. So I replaced them with other shortcuts.

Separately, if you want to select all air but not transports, you could do Ctrl-A (to select all air) and then right-click on the transport icons in the bottom-left of your screen. But "select all fighters" is going to be more useful most of the time. Even if you want to send fighters and bombers to the same place, you probably want to give them different orders.
armacham01

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: arma473

Postby GamerDreams2019ns » 17 Nov 2019, 13:15

armacham01 wrote:I agree with Speed2. I have the "2" key bound to "select all fighters" (interceptors, swift winds, and ASF). I realized at some point that I just wasn't using the 1-10 keys to make custom groups--that just doesn't really happen in FAF. So I replaced them with other shortcuts.

Separately, if you want to select all air but not transports, you could do Ctrl-A (to select all air) and then right-click on the transport icons in the bottom-left of your screen. But "select all fighters" is going to be more useful most of the time. Even if you want to send fighters and bombers to the same place, you probably want to give them different orders.

Thanks. That would be very useful, it will save me the trouble to zoom in to find the transport units, to deselect them.
GamerDreams2019ns

Postby GamerDreams2019ns » 17 Nov 2019, 18:55

armacham01 wrote:I agree with Speed2. I have the "2" key bound to "select all fighters" (interceptors, swift winds, and ASF). I realized at some point that I just wasn't using the 1-10 keys to make custom groups--that just doesn't really happen in FAF. So I replaced them with other shortcuts.

Ya, you were right and it was something I overlooked. After the Ctrl-A (it will select all Air units), then at the build menu, I could press Alt+Right Mouse Button to deselect the transport units (all at once).

This is really useful rather than I have to search for all transport units on the map. Thanks again.
GamerDreams2019ns

Postby R_Charger » 19 Nov 2019, 02:00

R_Charger

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Reckless_Charger

Return to Help