FAF Account

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

FAF Account

Postby Garm_GK » 12 Jul 2018, 21:11

Sorry I know you guys must get a lot of these but, I forgot my account information and I've tried to reset my password and I've tried to re-register my account is there anyway you could delete my old account so that I could just make a new one.
Garm_GK

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: FAF Account

Postby PhilipJFry » 12 Jul 2018, 21:58

we don't delete faf accounts for that kind of reason

if you remember either your faf username or the email address that you used to create the acc then you can reset your password here: https://www.faforever.com/account/password/reset

after filling out the form on that site you will get an email to the address that was used to create the acc to validate the pw reset (your username will be in the mail in case you can't remember it)

after resetting you can log in with your username and new pw
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Garm_GK » 13 Jul 2018, 21:03

Ok but I have done that I thought I was using the right e-mail because when I try to reset my password or try to make a new account it either doesn't work or tells me that the e-mail is already in use, so I don't know if I'm using the wrong internet browser or if it's something else.
Garm_GK

Postby Geosearchef » 14 Jul 2018, 13:26

What do you mean by doesn't work? No email arrives? Some error? Page not loading? What's your username? If you want you could also post your email address, then I could also ask a server admin to take a look. If you have discord you can join https://discord.gg/hgvj6Af (also runs in browser if needed) and ask in technical_help.
Developer, Server Admin, ICE, currently working on Team Matchmaking, FAF Client
Geosearchef
Contributor

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 127 times
FAF User Name: Geosearchef

Postby Garm_GK » 14 Jul 2018, 23:04

So I feel really dumb right now I thought my Username was my current Username but it wasn't it was the longer non-abbreviated form of my current Username so thank you for all of you help and have a wonderful day
Garm_GK

Postby Tubzz » 28 Jul 2018, 17:32

I requested a new password and was able to log into the website with it but not the faf client. I went onto: https://www.faforever.com/account/password/reset and changed my password. Without a conformation email, I used the password I created but was not able to login to the website or the client. I did this a second time to post on the forum and am currently logged in with a new password sent from the admin. I have reset my password again and am currently waiting on an email.

I was wondering how long it usually takes to get the conformation email for a password you made? Also, why I was not able to login to the client with a both passwords sent to me by the admin?

I registered both the admin passwords before trying them respectively.

Thank you,
Tubzz
Tubzz

FAF User Name: Tubzz

Postby Geosearchef » 28 Jul 2018, 17:56

Forum and FAF account are completely independent. Did you yet receive any password reset email from the request on the normal website? What do you mean by able to log in on the website? Do you mean actual Website or forums by that?
Geosearchef
Contributor

Postby Tubzz » 28 Jul 2018, 18:37

No I havent received the password reset email yet (from https://www.faforever.com/account/password/reset). By website I meant forum login, sorry. So I guess I never really logged into the website: https://api.faforever.com/login?error=badCredentials

EDIT* Oh wow sorry, you guys should make it more apparent that the forum is different from faf. Haha thanks for the help!
Tubzz

FAF User Name: Tubzz

Postby NeonOby » 31 Jul 2018, 20:44

I thought it would be best not to create a new thread.

I am a former FAF player and I can not get the reset to work.
I only used 3 Emails in my hole life, none of them worked. As a password I used a generated one by KeePass.
"Error! Invalid reset password. Please try again later."

Neither can I create a new account.
I always get "504 Gateway Time-out" and it takes ages.

EDIT:
Problem fixed itself for some reason the account has been created an hour later
NeonOby

FAF User Name: NeonOby

Postby Geosearchef » 31 Jul 2018, 21:54

@NeonOby We had a server update yesterday. Password reset/confirmation emails weren't sent the whole day, the api had problems aswell and as far as I've read up on slack our database crashed half an hour ago making even hosting a game impossible. (should be fixed now, the 504 is due to the api not working) :cry:
Geosearchef
Contributor

Next

Return to Help