Your personal trainer team

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Your personal trainer team

Postby DumbNoob » 18 Aug 2012, 00:06

Hey ,
here are a few replays from me,
it would be nice if someone could give me some advice ;)
Attachments
264207-vva_Krios.fafreplay
(58.39 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
266247-vva_Krios.fafreplay
(39.75 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
266279-vva_Krios.fafreplay
(34.6 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
DumbNoob
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: hrgtx

Postby eXivo » 19 Aug 2012, 01:25

voodoo, you can add me to the list, but i really dislike timetables, if people want some training/tips, just PM me

other than that it's GMT+1 here, and i'm on most of the day..
Be inspired to learn. Then aspire to disturb.
eXivo

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TAG_eXivo

Postby uberge3k » 19 Aug 2012, 04:54

Congreve wrote:Hey ,
here are a few replays from me,
it would be nice if someone could give me some advice ;)

Replay 1:

Your build order could be slightly faster. You'll notice at minute 4 that zock was slightly ahead of you, even though no units had fought yet.

Micro your air. At 5:10 you could have killed his two ints without any losses if you had selected your 3 ints instead of just two, and then used them to save your bomber at the bottom.

At 7:00 you sent your armies in blind, and they died to superior forces. Always keep radars with your armies, and never send them to your enemy's side of the map unless you're certain that you'll come out ahead in a skirmish.

Since you had uncontested control of the wreck in the middle, you didn't have to suck it all at once and waste some of its mass.

Even with that mass advantage, you didn't tech enough to keep up. By 10:45, Zock has 7 T2 mex to your 4.

At 12 minutes you're excessing mass and leaving a wreck field that you controlled in the middle. You needed T2 pgens faster to be able to continue efficiently growing your economy.

At the end, you didn't need to die - you saw that his army was advancing on your firebase, and you could have easily OC'd the four harbs before they broke through. Similiarly, you absolutely needed mobile flak, or tech of any kind, really.

In short, you needed more eco, more teching, and more cool toys. :)

Replay 2:

Your build order was, honestly, really bad. You needed a lot more power early on. That was really your only large mistake; you were outplaying your opponent most of the game.

However, at the end you made two bad decisions. The first was not scouting his army sooner, so you could see how much land production he had and decide whether or not to engage. The second was turning back from his ACU when the jesters came - if you had kept on, you probably would have killed him, or at the very least gotten a draw.

Lastly, you probably could have survived the jesters if you'd immediately switched a couple land factorios to mobile AAs when you saw that you couldn't match his air. Remember that when you think you're about to lose, you literally have nothing to lose, so may as well try hail marys. :)

Replay 3:

Again, you just needed a better build order. Deathly simply outproduced you.

The key with deathly, however, is that build orders are pretty much all he has - if you try something zany like fast t2 air or gun, he usually can't figure out how to counter it, falls apart, flames you and ragequits. (and then gets banned for the umpteenth time when he goes on a tirade in chat ;))
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby Voodoo » 19 Aug 2012, 10:37

Uberge3k should i add you to the list? ^^
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby DumbNoob » 20 Aug 2012, 11:56

wow ty uber :)
DumbNoob
Crusader

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: hrgtx

Postby TrouserDemon » 27 Aug 2012, 10:54

I only recently started playing, and predictably I'm not doing very well.

Would someone kindly give this a brief look over and give me a direction to work in improving?
Attachments
287082.fafreplay
(35.28 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
TrouserDemon

FAF User Name: TrouserDemon

Postby Koecher » 27 Aug 2012, 13:06

Ok, here are a few thought about this replay:

1. You dont reclaim. On this map, there are quite a lot big stones in/close to the river and nice amount of little once all around. These give a nice mass boost which allows you to build you base up faster.

2. It seems like, after you made the first fact, you struggle about the "how to go on". Normaly, on most of the maps, (as a basic strategy) you can easily build up 2 Landfacts with he ACU. Add it to the queue from the beginning to prevent from having the com idle around at the first minutes during a lag of Orders.

3. Your rating is quite, well, unusual. Even if 10 labs are a lot, they are just late after you made the engies. Plus your dont protect your own engies. Maybe try this in 1st fact: 3x engie, lab lab scout, 2xengie, tank tank scout.
The Labs + scout is your rating and the Tanks with scout run to one of your engies, try to save him.

4. After the 3rd Fact, you waste Mass. Mass is the eco-bottleneck in this game. On this map, you should make, lets say, like 7 Landfact to spam T1.

5. However, after the 2nd or 3rd factory, your acu should go to front. Your ACU have a build capacity of 2 T1 Engies, but can take up 20 Tanks in a fight. Where to use it best? ;)

6. You need more engies. The first factory should get an own build queue (you can use this assist thing for all the further facts, if you want to). These engies should be used for reclaim and building factory and Energy. However, if you think you have enough, you can use (on small maps) as build queue for 1 fact: 5 tanks, 1 engie. So you will get engies at the fron for reclaiming.

7. Dont send tanks in a line to the opponent. So you will just send them to death, one by one

However, imo your major problem is the lag of build-capacity, concerning engies as well as factories.
Koecher
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: Koecher

Postby TrouserDemon » 27 Aug 2012, 17:35

Thankyou.
TrouserDemon

FAF User Name: TrouserDemon

Postby Ze_PilOt » 27 Aug 2012, 17:37

Now that we have a section for new players, don't hesitate creating your own thread if you want !
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby PotatoGod » 29 Aug 2012, 11:15

hey,

i would like to sign up to the 1V1 training
PotatoGod