Economy for New Players

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Economy for New Players

Postby Softly » 17 Jan 2013, 04:42

I personally just start placing t2/3 power randomly around when I get to building it, away from other buildings.

You can still stick shields next to it this way, although you need to build slightly more shields if you want to cover them all.

The advantage of this is that it makes it harder for the opponent to kill all your power, spreading them out means no chain reactions, and more time is required to bomb different targets/drop on different targets. I also dislike putting my power next to anything which I don't want to get blown up like engies (because when you get to the t3 power stage buildpower is very important).
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby ColonelSheppard » 17 Jan 2013, 10:41

Orb370 wrote:
For T3 Pgens, I generally connect them to either a nuke launcher, a shield, or in a pattern so that I can put mass fabricators between them if need be. You can also plop them down next to an air factory, but some people prefer that space for more build power (in the form of engineers). Up to you.

you should be aware of chain reactions, especially if you put it next to a mass fabicator
in general if not VERY well defended mass extractors and t3 pgens should not be build next to ANYTHING in my opinion
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Batmansrueckkehr » 17 Jan 2013, 11:36

with the last patch a t3 mex gives u 25% bonus. a t2 massfab 2%.
so if you can get a t3 mex and 15 t2 massfabs around a factory it has 55% bonus. that is huge!!

i tried this in some games - and yes it works. and yes 2 t1 bombers and all is gone ;)

i am still looking for a tactic to protect the massfab park better - 55% is really huge advantage if u imagine it to a t3 land factory the bots get real cheap then. ^^

well, but as u all mentioned it blows up very easily - til now i couldnt defend it properly (they blow up every game - lol).
UET_bat
Batmansrueckkehr

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: batmansrueckkehr

Postby ColonelSheppard » 17 Jan 2013, 11:44

Batmansrueckkehr wrote:so if you can get a t3 mex and 15 t2 massfabs around a factory

just dont do that...
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Postby CoreKrogoth » 17 Jan 2013, 12:30

Thank you all for the replies!
I will keep your tips in mind. :D
Losing is fun!
CoreKrogoth

FAF User Name: TEA_CoreKrogoth

Postby GallantDragon » 28 Feb 2013, 00:51

As Cybran, I put shields on all my t2/3 pgens and mexes. Yes, the cybran shield is puny, but its so cheap and fast to put up that you really have no excuse not to protect as much stuff as possible with them. This and their stealth generator make for some interesting tactics and defense strategies.
GallantDragon

Postby Valki » 28 Feb 2013, 13:21

Batmansrueckkehr wrote:with the last patch a t3 mex gives u 25% bonus. a t2 massfab 2%.
so if you can get a t3 mex and 15 t2 massfabs around a factory it has 55% bonus. that is huge!!

i tried this in some games - and yes it works. and yes 2 t1 bombers and all is gone ;)

i am still looking for a tactic to protect the massfab park better - 55% is really huge advantage if u imagine it to a t3 land factory the bots get real cheap then. ^^

well, but as u all mentioned it blows up very easily - til now i couldnt defend it properly (they blow up every game - lol).

If you surround it with 4 t3 massfabs you get 75% bonus, with 1 t3 mex and 4 t3 massfabs and 3 t2 massfabs you probably get over 80%. However.... that is ONLY on the factory itself.

All engineers assisting the factory pay the normal price - so in the lategame, all you are saving is perhaps 10 mass.

Is +10 mass, in the lategame, worth risking all those massfabs and pgens?
Valki

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 27 times
FAF User Name: Valki

Postby ColonelSheppard » 28 Feb 2013, 13:53

Valki wrote:Is +10 mass, in the lategame, worth risking all those massfabs and pgens?

no, he was just joking dude :mrgreen:
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Postby Veta » 28 Feb 2013, 18:32

Valki wrote:
Batmansrueckkehr wrote:with the last patch a t3 mex gives u 25% bonus. a t2 massfab 2%.

If you surround it with 4 t3 massfabs you get 75% bonus, with 1 t3 mex and 4 t3 massfabs and 3 t2 massfabs you probably get over 80%. However.... that is ONLY on the factory itself.

All engineers assisting the factory pay the normal price - so in the lategame, all you are saving is perhaps 10 mass.

Is +10 mass, in the lategame, worth risking all those massfabs and pgens?

With the discussion about engie redesign this might become VERY viable.
FA is a game of economic micromanagement (what StarCraft players mistakenly call 'macro') and tactical trumping (e.g. T2 PD countering T1 Spam).
Veta

Postby gnatinator » 20 Jun 2013, 04:41

Bumping for new players.

I lost too many games today because of new team mates losing the economy game.
Economy for New Players | LAN Party List supports the FAF community.
gnatinator

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: gnatinator

PreviousNext

Return to Help