Who still hasn't seen "Ender's Game"?

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Who still hasn't seen "Ender's Game"?

Postby tatsu » 16 Apr 2015, 11:14

I love the damn movie to no end. I feel like it was made for people who like supcom specifically, or maybe just those who like strategy.

In any event the CGI is some never before seen state of polish, long-ass scenes with detailed ass, shots, entire planets with a quick strat zoom and you're having a hard time believe it's computer-generated, it looks so good. Watching it in anything lower than 1080p is a darn waste (which isn't hard btw that's basically the only way this movie's available for free).

As for the scenario, it completely surprised me at first viewing. This is why I'll ask for no spoilers here. To keep the enjoyment intact.

I think if there was to be a movie made of of the supcom franchise it couldn't be done better. opinions?
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Re: Who still hasn't seen "Ender's Game"?

Postby nine2 » 16 Apr 2015, 11:39

As someone who read and loved the book well over a decade ago, I really didn't like the movie. It was a fraction of the real Ender's Game. They glosses over half the book in 5 mins. Really really missing the depth and meaning of the scenes. For example,
Spoiler: show
blurry memory here, but Ender's first leader won't let him play so he never ever gets to shoot. He ends up with 100% score because he never dies. And spends all of his time working on strategy. Eventually because of his great score he gets into a great team. Now they had that in the movie but glossed over it really quickly .. in the movie you never had that awesome AHHAH! moment where it all comes good and the leader guy is an idiot. Instead just some stuff happens.
Now I think about it, this book is one of the reasons why I started reading .. which I do a lot now. That book is magical.

I'd defo see a supcom movie ... and probably hate that too :)
Last edited by nine2 on 16 Apr 2015, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby tatsu » 16 Apr 2015, 12:57

while i see your point of view and see where you're comming from as this is something that happens often to me (Harry Potter, common now most of the movies were TRIPE especially the third, lord of the rings, the hobbit (fanservice galore, screw the book!), ect...) I felt (even though I have yet to read the book) that they manage to make the length of the events transpire to me.

I didn't feel like it had only taken them a month to get there. you may have felt this was a shame for those who didn't read the book but worry not, they really made duration and the idea that things were happening off screen transpire.

I'll read the book but I remain persuaded this movie is a real success. Really it surprised me. I thought it was going to be tasteless and a bland typical cash grab with terrible budget and stuff, because I'd never heard of the title. but it blew me away!

(please no more spoiler, that's the second time I ask ~_~')
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby Ceneraii » 16 Apr 2015, 15:46

It was a nice movie but not amazing imo, but I may be spoiled by the books ;D
Ceneraii

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: Ceneraii

Postby Legion Darrath » 16 Apr 2015, 15:54

Moved to off topic.
Legion Darrath
Evaluator

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 117 times
FAF User Name: Legion_Darrath

Postby Nombringer » 16 Apr 2015, 21:30

Enders game is still one of my all time favourite books, but I never saw the movie because I was afraid that it would never live up to it.
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby Softly » 16 Apr 2015, 21:35

Its a good movie, but it doesn't really do the book justice.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby ax0lotl » 16 Apr 2015, 21:55

Loved the book so am not eager to see the movie.
Although there are cases where both book and movie are good (Clockwork Orange).
ax0lotl

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 35 times
FAF User Name: ax0lotl

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 17 Apr 2015, 05:13

If you haven't read the other books around Ender's Game, you need to read them.... there are a couple sequels and a betweenquel that expands on the ending of Ender's Game. Brilliant series all the way around, and the cliffhanger ending of the series leaves a WORLD of imagination open :D
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby nine2 » 17 Apr 2015, 06:11

I have to say that the sequels totally and completely lost me... in that they were a chore to read and even though I made myself do it, I didn't really understand what was going.

However I was pretty young. I'll give them another go.

Was interesting though how different the sequels were from the first. They were not spiritual sequels at all.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Next

Return to Off-Topic