Problems with the newest Patch

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Re: THIS FUCKING NEWEST PATCH !!!!

Postby ZLO_RD » 02 Apr 2015, 16:44

At first I thought I missed a funny April's fool balance patch, cause as soon as I saw 1rst post I went to faf to check for updates, but there were none, so I assumed that i already missed it...

So was there even a patch with 1rst April joke? And if it was it was probably removed pretty fast, cause I had no updates...

Edit: I mean it takes to long for people to tell chosen that there was no patch and his problem is imaginary... I have not seen video yet tho.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby ckitching » 02 Apr 2015, 17:02

There was no joke patch. We're short enough on manpower as it is, we don't have resources to fritter away on frivolities like that.
ckitching

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 69 times
FAF User Name: ckitching

Postby ckitching » 02 Apr 2015, 18:34

In fairness, an excessively large amount of very cool stuff has been happening. The next patch will be very much more substantial than the previous one.
Much shiny exists. There have been a fair few delays as things that had been assumed to be sane turned out to be hilariously broken.
More than half the server code has been deleted since last Thursday (without breaking anything). Progress is actually pretty swift. :D
ckitching

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 69 times
FAF User Name: ckitching

Re: Problems with the newest Patch

Postby Voodoo » 02 Apr 2015, 19:17

I edited your post Chosen, i don't want to see such hate at the forum.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby ZLO_RD » 02 Apr 2015, 19:30

i have wathed that highlight and i can confirm that chosen eperienced some kind of bug related to transport refuse to load units in

he some how broke transport
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby Chosen » 02 Apr 2015, 20:03

If you didnt even look at that video and video description, so i can't help you....... [/quote]

I didn't read the video description because I assumed it was about the stream/your channel in general.

Chosen wrote:And i have report about ''bug's etc'' many times and nothing happent.

You haven't posted in the tech support section of these forums a single time, ever.

Chosen wrote:My fact is this current newest patch is deep shit and you know that. FaF haven't never been so buggy than now.

Nothing was changed related to transports in this patch and the bug that you experienced has nothing to do with any recent patch, there have been transport bugs around since the game was first released.[/quote]

You saying nothing havent changed, yes maybe. But after this patch we get even more buggyer Fa. Cybran laser was again broken etc... Hosting game is buggy as !"%!"% example auto teams wont work, also there is colour bug.... replay vault is fucked up... somehow changing game theme so game looks wierd when watching replays..... some T4 units can't shoot scus.... This is not funny anymore.... Too many players have gone just because these kind ''bug's / problems'' And Sheeo you are wrong about that i havent report any ''bugs'' i report many thing on GW times...
Chosen
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Chosen

Postby Chosen » 02 Apr 2015, 20:05

Voodoo wrote:I edited your post Chosen, i don't want to see such hate at the forum.

It's OKAY. At least peoples opening eyes now
Chosen
Contributor

Postby Sheeo » 02 Apr 2015, 20:26

Chosen wrote:You saying nothing havent changed, yes maybe. But after this patch we get even more buggyer Fa. Cybran laser was again broken etc... Hosting game is buggy as !"%!"% example auto teams wont work, also there is colour bug.... replay vault is fucked up... somehow changing game theme so game looks wierd when watching replays..... some T4 units can't shoot scus.... This is not funny anymore.... Too many players have gone just because these kind ''bug's / problems'' And Sheeo you are wrong about that i havent report any ''bugs'' i report many thing on GW times...

Except the lobby bugs (And the random skin bug), none of these things have anything to do with the most recent game patch, or ones immediately before it. Cybran laser "was" broken? Is it now? If we can at least get anything useful out of this thread I would like it to be an actual bug description. To clarify: that means describing what happens, when it happens and how to reproduce it.

I did not say you hadn't reported bugs about GW, only that you have never reported any bug in the tech support forums about the core game.
Support FAF on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/faf?ty=h

Peek at our continued development on github: https://github.com/FAForever
Sheeo
Councillor - Administrative

Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 233 times
FAF User Name: Sheeo

Postby Chosen » 03 Apr 2015, 14:19

Sheeo wrote:
Chosen wrote:You saying nothing havent changed, yes maybe. But after this patch we get even more buggyer Fa. Cybran laser was again broken etc... Hosting game is buggy as !"%!"% example auto teams wont work, also there is colour bug.... replay vault is fucked up... somehow changing game theme so game looks wierd when watching replays..... some T4 units can't shoot scus.... This is not funny anymore.... Too many players have gone just because these kind ''bug's / problems'' And Sheeo you are wrong about that i havent report any ''bugs'' i report many thing on GW times...

Except the lobby bugs (And the random skin bug), none of these things have anything to do with the most recent game patch, or ones immediately before it. Cybran laser "was" broken? Is it now? If we can at least get anything useful out of this thread I would like it to be an actual bug description. To clarify: that means describing what happens, when it happens and how to reproduce it.

I did not say you hadn't reported bugs about GW, only that you have never reported any bug in the tech support forums about the core game.

I do not have anything against you or anyone else. it seems like it would be the same thing put Lada car engine in to a Ferrari without testing anything. You know answer for that, bruum bruum what a piece of %"#" and so on. It seems that we get a new update always without testing. Sorry to bother everyone, I'm just a regular player here who dares to open his mouth more.
Chosen
Contributor

Postby Sheeo » 03 Apr 2015, 15:03

Chosen wrote:
Sheeo wrote:

I do not have anything against you or anyone else. it seems like it would be the same thing put Lada car engine in to a Ferrari without testing anything. You know answer for that, bruum bruum what a piece of %"#" and so on. It seems that we get a new update always without testing. Sorry to bother everyone, I'm just a regular player here who dares to open his mouth more.

I wasn't implying that you had anything against anyone.

I do think it would be great if you would pour some effort into helping out though -- without proper reporting (As detailed just above), there's no hope of getting anything of what you complain about fixed.
Support FAF on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/faf?ty=h

Peek at our continued development on github: https://github.com/FAForever
Sheeo
Councillor - Administrative

Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 233 times
FAF User Name: Sheeo

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic