Ashes of the Singularity - looks good

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Re: Ashes of the Singularity - looks good

Postby ZLO_RD » 03 May 2015, 11:53

Reaper Zwei wrote:...There will be no strategic zoom, at least they don't want there to be...

Whoops, looks like all my hype dissapeared, just gonna play FA ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby Nombringer » 03 May 2015, 12:10

Reaper Zwei wrote:There will be no strategic zoom, at least they don't want there to be.

Whelp. Not sure what I did to deserve this.

That doesn't even make any sense in the context of the game?! How can you "control the entire war", if you can't even see it?
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby Reaper Zwei » 03 May 2015, 13:44

Nombringer wrote:
Reaper Zwei wrote:There will be no strategic zoom, at least they don't want there to be.

Whelp. Not sure what I did to deserve this.

That doesn't even make any sense in the context of the game?! How can you "control the entire war", if you can't even see it?

Mini map
Reaper Zwei
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Reaper_Zwei

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 03 May 2015, 18:17

This makes literally no sense.... They make a huge deal about

"thousands and thousands of units on maps hundreds of kilometers across that take an hour to fly over!!!!!"

"But you can't have full zoom so you can see all of it.... we want you to focus on this tiny portion over here so you can admire our pretty units."
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby ZLO_RD » 03 May 2015, 19:09

That might be ok for some casual play to just move around map with arrow keys, or move mouse to edge of screen...
But when it comes to more competetive play, they start to use excessive hotkeys to just move around map, or select unit groups and doule press button to select that unit, just to move camera there... It is efficient and fast way to move around map, but it is hard... They even do warmup right when the game starts and start spamming commands so they can spam them later... And then they are proud of their 200 apm, while most of it goes to just selecting units and queueing new units... Maybe it just my personal preference, but wathing starcraft 2 pov of TLO makes me want to puke...
And i beleave that if there will be not strategic zoom it will that kind of unit control game...
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby Resin_Smoker » 03 May 2015, 19:50

I think i'll give this a pass... Appears to be mostly hype with allot of nice looking videos.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 106 times

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 03 May 2015, 20:24

Ditto ZLO, I have tried to watch a couple of those starcraft competitions, and it seems like 75% of the things they do are just filler. They have no bearing on the actual advancement of an overall strategy, it is strictly repetative motion to keep the unit queue full and to look around the map.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby da_monstr » 03 May 2015, 23:48

So they want us to focus on the big units and let the little ones alone. You know what that sounds like?
An RTS - MOBA mashup.
Peace through superior firepower.
[Total Biscuit, comparing FA to SupCom2] "The scale and the sublime nature of the economy was ruined with Supreme Commander 2, which I absolutely despised. Oh god, I hate that game so very much."
da_monstr
Priest

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: Mainstay

Postby Reaper Zwei » 04 May 2015, 00:07

well looks like just 2 factions for this game. One being a human like one that use hover tanks(that can't hover over water) that have armor. Armor being an important part of the game because if a unit has armor(not all will) your going to need to use weapons that are armor piercing on it to kill it. Other wise you could shoot at it with 1000 units and do literally zero damage to it. This is supposedly so that you cant just spam a bunch of cheap units and win the game.

the other faction will be an AI faction that will use units with shields. The shields will be strong while the units themselves will apparently be weak.
Reaper Zwei
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Reaper_Zwei

Postby zeroAPM » 04 May 2015, 19:01

So only 2 factions, Starcraft overview (read: gooklick) and MOBA-like unit focus.

Is like a prostate cancer got AIDS, became sentient, jumped out of the dead host's body and said "When i grow up i want to be a RTS"

If this thing doesn't bomb before launch it might as well be crowned as "Big Rigs: the RTS"
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic