Need a PC? Maybe I can help!

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Need a PC? Maybe I can help!

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 28 Feb 2015, 06:10

Hey Guys! I had an idea the other day about a way I could help out people who don't have a good SupCom rig.

I have a pretty good grasp on current components and also how to balance budget vs quality for this kind of build. Working with the best options I have, I can build a PC with performance equivalent to an off the shelf gaming desktop for about 65-75% of the price. Above and beyond fast specs though, the computers I have in mind will have the ultimate in trustworthy, reliable parts! You will get a complete, ready to play PC that will ace SupCom with extremely fast sim speeds and handle any other games you can throw at it as well!

Here is what would happen - You contact me about a PC build, and we will design the PC you want together for the maximum potential to meet your needs. After that, I will hunt down all the parts, assemble them, OC/stresstest/FAtest the PC to make sure everything is ready to go, and then ship it to you! When you open the box, all you have to do is hook up your monitors and mouse/keyboard, and the PC will already have windows, FA and FAF downloaded and ready to go under the name of your choice! You can be gaming in 15 minutes on a rock solid PC :D

Notes of Interest -

Graphics card will have either two HDMI or two DisplayPorts, your choice, with a minimum of 2 gigs RAM in order to pull off dual screen gaming on matching monitors.
PSU will be Silver or higher certified in quality name brands so that you don't have to worry about failures.
CPU will be either closed-loop liquid cooled or have an extreme aftermarket air cooler, your choice, so that you never have to worry about temps in brutally long games.
PC case will have excellent cooling options to protect your components, and I will take care of wire management for you.
All PCs will ship with a name brand SSD so that you cut out all your waiting times.
A minimum of 8 gigs 1600mhz RAM from top tier companies.

Basically, I can get you the best in quality parts, no shortcuts taken, and I can build/test/ship it to you at prices cheaper than companies like Dell and ASUS can offer you.

If anyone is interested, you can either comment/PM me here, or email me at [email protected].

PLEASE SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY! I would love to build a couple PCs for you guys to enjoy this great game on, but pulling together a parts list is very time consuming so spare us both the trouble if you are not really looking to buy a PC! You can expect a minimum price of $1,000, as this is an enthusiast machine with very fast specs and OS included. Just keep in mind that the lowest end PC I would build would match performance to a $1,400 gaming rig from Dell and in my opinion be far more reliable due to PSU and motherboard choices.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Re: Need a PC? Maybe I can help!

Postby Flynn » 15 Mar 2015, 15:23

I can't see this working out to be fair. Anyone with a mediocrum of sense can build their own rig with the appropriate Google research it is hard to go wrong. I built my own rig after having laptops all my life. Also you are going to be taking commission for these rigs and it will have to be US only as there is no way it will be cheaper to build something in the US and then ship it to some eastern European banana republic :lol: Anyone with some common sense can get parts more cheaply than standard retail prices. Well good luck anyway but I can't see it taking off. Also there are a lot of places that will build a pc to order for next to nothing and even locally so if there are any problems it can be returned. But I am not having a go, I just think the idea has been done to death.
Flynn
Evaluator

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Flynn

Postby Ionic » 18 Mar 2015, 20:52

This is a brilliant page if you are planning on building your PC and you are a newb to novice: http://pcpartpicker.com/

Here is an example I threw together in a few minutes:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9LdNTW

Total (including windows): $1061.66
Ionic

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Ionic

Postby Tremarl » 14 Apr 2015, 10:42

H18M motherboard/I3cpu (3.4ghz hyper but no OC) + Geforce 640 will run any Supcom game with barely any lag. Untill very late game... works out at 190 CPU rating if no other programs running otherwise 200 or so. Can run all other games on high-ultra (or most of them) with 60fps

Should cost you around $100 for the motherboard $60 for the GPU, $50 for HDD/SDD

Upgrade with GTX 980 for $200-400 (depending where you buy it from) (will let you run any game on maxed out at 120 fps :C)

Lower powered requirement machine so you can just go buy an old PC / PC case from the scrap man or similar in your area, remove all components apart from the Power unit, which should be 240 V, and just fit your components in that PC. Alternatively buy a case/PU and cables for up to $40

Total cost $230
$250 with custom case/gpu
$450 with gtx980 and custom case/gpu

Building is pretty simple.

Oh and if you buy a PC from the scrapman you could probs use the OS on that pc's old hardrive, alternatively buying a new one will cost about $100
Tremarl
Spammer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Tremarl

Postby Koecher » 14 Apr 2015, 20:28

Tremarl wrote:Upgrade with GTX 980 for $200-400 (depending where you buy it from) (will let you run any game on maxed out at 120 fps :C)

This makes no sense.
First of all, the 980 is way more expensive:
http://www.pricegrabber.com/computers/v ... &rd_type=P
Next to that, that setup is a bad one. The 980 is poor at price/performance. Also, the i3 will not be able to "feed" the 980...
With that setup, rather chose GTX 960

Tremarl wrote: Alternatively buy a case/PU and cables for up to $40

Never go for a cheap PSU! Never.

Tremarl wrote:H18M motherboard/I3cpu (3.4ghz hyper but no OC) + Geforce 640 will run any Supcom game with barely any lag. Untill very late game... works out at 190 CPU rating if no other programs running otherwise 200 or so. Can run all other games on high-ultra (or most of them) with 60fps

Should cost you around $100 for the motherboard $60 for the GPU, $50 for HDD/SDD

If you plan to spend 100 Bucks for the Board, you'll get something better than the old crappy H81 chip.
Koecher
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: Koecher

Postby Ionic » 14 Apr 2015, 20:49

I agree on not buying a bad PSU, but even expensive ones can be bad... My seasonic kept frying my motherboard. :(
Ionic

Postby Ionic » 15 Apr 2015, 03:51

Maybe someone should throw together a page on wiki with minimum and ideal build?
Ionic

Postby Tremarl » 04 Aug 2015, 16:20

Cheap PSU =/= Bad PSU

necro
Tremarl
Spammer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times