What have I been missing?

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Re: What have I been missing?

Postby shifty » 13 Sep 2013, 23:33

I snowboard a lot, and I love long camping trips. I still like to sit down and play a good FA game every now and then.

If you don't feel like playing FA after having your adventures, then don't worry about it. I understand the feeling. For me, taking a break from gaming (especially from demanding games like FA) always results in eventually coming back and being refreshed, ready to enjoy the game again.

Maybe that's the reason I hate MMORPG games that demand so much time from you. Balance is a good thing.
shifty

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby uberge3k » 14 Sep 2013, 05:15

Firewall wrote:Has anyone considered what they could have done, with the time they had, if they didn't spend so much of it playing this game?

Yes.
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby Bliss » 14 Sep 2013, 08:47

Playing FA is a hobby, I' ve never missed a thing in order to play . i have my life, work,Always out with friends,holidays,parties,gf,and so on. FA is just for my free spare time so I dont have an idea of what you are talking about. Maybe you spent a lot of time in playing and are regretting it ... but remember we can't live like Bear Grylls around the world naked and eating insects. :D and in our daily routine we all need something to relax or to play with when off work or university. I never sacrified a single night I wanted to hang out with friends staying at home to play so NO I don't feel guilty at all and did not lose anything.....maybe I could make some more sports instead of playing but Im bit lazy for that
Bliss
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Bliss

Postby galacticfear » 14 Sep 2013, 15:37

uberge3k wrote:Yes.

And now get your arse into a freaking setons!

SC-Account wrote:That said I probably learned more through computer gaming than through school, so there are certain other things I would consider a waste of time..

This is actually true xD I must have learned so much history/geography/strategy/maths/economics from games that it isn't even funny.
galacticfear

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 85 times
FAF User Name: galacticfear

Postby LittleInferno » 14 Sep 2013, 22:24

One thing i miss is watch the livereplays from uberge3k, TAG_Rock and some otheres that left this game ,hard to forget them.
LittleInferno
Banned

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Katherine

Postby BLITZ_Molloy » 14 Sep 2013, 22:52

Everything in moderation.

However if I lived somewhere more accessible to skiing and the West of Ireland I'd do it more often. Haven't been in 10 years and I've got a serious hankering. Gonna go with my brother this winter hopefully.

I mostly completely lost interest in videogames for the last 5 years. Caught the bug again recently and I'm definitely finding it satisfying.
BLITZ_Molloy

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: BLITZ_Molloy

Postby IceDreamer » 14 Sep 2013, 23:21

People tend to play video games on getting home from work or studying... I feel I got it absolutely right winter 2011-2012.

I would spend all day working on the Ski Slopes, surviving mental snowboarding teenagers and 30-foot kickers alike, and generally feeling more alive than ever. Then I would get home from "Work" and play video games.

Life was gooood... :D
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Flynn » 15 Sep 2013, 11:23

Where to start with the astounding display of ignorance that is the OP? :x

1. This should be in "Off-Topic"

2. Technically, everything is a "waste of time" if you don't like it

3. Unless you play SupCom every day, of every week, there is very little that you could be doing instead of when you play SupCom. How can this be? Well, let me break it down for you. You've had a hard day's work/play, you get home, put your feet up and relax for a couple hours, maybe browse the internet or watch TV. After a couple of hours you get bored, you want something more stimulating, but something that isn't physically tiring as you are already tired out. SupCom and other good video games fit this niche perfectly. Neither do video games cost a lot of money apart from the rig which can last you several years and the initial purchase price.

4. SupCom and other video games are NOT a waste of time, because they make you smarter. Essentially, what is strategy versus an intelligent opponent? It is a problem that you have to solve. It could be classed as a "problem solving game". What do they market to old people to keep them from getting dementia? You've guessed it, problem solving puzzle games. SupCom is like a far more involved intricate in-depth and entertaining version of them. It makes brain exercise fun. It teaches you to solve a problem in stages and that process can be applied to other problems that you may encounter in life as well. See this thread for further views on this subject: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3945

When I was a mid teenager I had no job, no money apart from at Christmas/birthdays to buy a PC and a few games for it. At this stage PC gaming was my main activity because I couldn't do anything else. Now I am in my mid 20s I still PC game alongside other activities. PC gaming is great, nothing else is as absorbing as a good game, as good as or even better than a good movie IMHAO. And there are things that you can't do in real life that you can do in a game, such as control large robot armies to defeat someone else's large robot army.

You will recover from your "awakening" and return to this community with your tail firmly between your legs, just like the dog that you are :P I think I have played you by the way, in ranked, thanks for the points :D And yes, this is the other side of gaming, a little friendly competition as well. There really is so much we get from gaming and I think we should all appreciate it a bit more.

Rant over :mrgreen:
Flynn
Evaluator

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Flynn

Postby SC-Account » 18 Sep 2013, 01:10

And there are things that you can't do in real life that you can do in a game, such as control large robot armies to defeat someone else's large robot army.

Hahahaha, wrong. :twisted:
SC-Account
Evaluator

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 77 times
FAF User Name: Tnuoccacs

Postby roseneath » 18 Sep 2013, 03:23

While you have the mindset to live your life that way and hopefully make great friends and do great things, be entertained, find love, go out make awesome new experiences, achieve your dreams etc, go and do those things. really its worth it.

but when your heart is broken or you get fired or break some bones or get hurt other ways, have a crisis of faith or intellect or have financial woes and other stuff ppl consider fail. you cant ragequit... although maybe? you could come back here?
roseneath
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: roseneath

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic