Call for a web based platform

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Re: Call for a web based lobby

Postby dstojkov » 07 Aug 2013, 17:16

Ze_PilOt wrote:Don't blame FAF for your incapacity in hooking FA files correctly.

that is why you build a featured section .... Otherwise for each change the featured mod would have to be updated. Nothing to do with hooking here. The other mod have the possibility to launch from the original .scd what as a normal mod it not possible to do.
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 07 Aug 2013, 17:20

You don't really understand how it works.

Ie. if you don't want any unit to be modified by FAF in your mod, just include the whole .bp file instead of merging them.
Same for scripts.

I can't think of anything that you can't override definitively for your mod.

Of course if you keep merging files or override portions of scripts instead of including the whole file, you will have to undo a lot of things with every patch. By the way, it was the case with GPGNET already.

The featured mod allows modders to easily include lobby modifications, factions, new units, sounds, icons,...
This is not your case, and wasn't possible at all on GPGNET.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby dstojkov » 07 Aug 2013, 18:13

for unit importing just the bp don't work you have to merge them i.e work without merging for projectiles and the rest

you just add file in the lua folder that are barely hard to impossible to dismiss the like offmap, my feature with mutli bombing get fucked because of the ballistics script and so on. Pls stop think we are in wonderland and think that just change lua side don't impact the rest !! I have already posted in the past to find a resolution to this pb and your reaction were ... a featured mod section. When I asked to be able to use it you answered what you in the posts above answered !!!!!! Balance mod are not allowed and the rest of your bullshit so pls don't act like you were a willing person to make this platform a better place to play !!!!
dstojkov
Evaluator

Postby Ze_PilOt » 07 Aug 2013, 18:16

You can disable the targeting with a simple "off" in the bp.

And yes, you can merge a whole bp, not just part of them.
Same for lua, the offmap script can be easily "deleted".

Your inefficiency to do thing properly and listen to others is what make me strongly believe that your project won't go further than having a name.

Of course my lua changes affect mods, that's the whole point. (ie. it would be stupid for resource 2x to not inherit everything but the x2 eco).
But if you don't want to inherit them, it's also easy to do. It's up to the modder, not me.

You know, doing things (wrongly) your way then ranting about the fact it doesn't work is not a lot more complicated than asking for help to do things properly.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby dstojkov » 07 Aug 2013, 18:23

i merged all the unit bp playable in game in order to be independent of the unit change.

This is the lua side that suck i have to go through a git versioning to dismiss what has been added or replace the file. I can not just remove a file from a folder in "hooking" mod
dstojkov
Evaluator

Postby Ze_PilOt » 07 Aug 2013, 18:26

?

You just have to include all the lua files, it's a few kb.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby dstojkov » 08 Aug 2013, 11:42

Ze_PilOt wrote:You just have to include all the lua files, it's a few kb.

Do you really thought I didn't try this ? And I will borrow here just for fun ? Try yourself and see what happens

P.S: Just for your info even with the merging of all blueprint this is not enough because the hooking replace or add something but can not erase something automatically you have to express do it by yourself i.e for a given value X = nil if X wasn't in the original blueprint. The same occur for new file that you add in lua folder. Mean that you have to inspect all the change each time
dstojkov
Evaluator

Postby Ze_PilOt » 08 Aug 2013, 13:04

dstojkov wrote:
Ze_PilOt wrote:You just have to include all the lua files, it's a few kb.

Do you really thought I didn't try this ? And I will borrow here just for fun ? Try yourself and see what happens

Or you can tell me directly so I can find a solution instead of losing my time ?
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby FireMessiah » 08 Aug 2013, 13:14

cant believe this thread is still going lol

is there actually anyone other than dstojkov who has said they want this?
seems a waste of time and resources, use your skills to help Zep make FAF better.
Ze_PilOt wrote:I know we live in a era when everything is done considering that the user is a total moron or retarded.
I find that insulting when a game is stating me the obvious ("press X to open the door" the 20th time I see a door).
hallelujah, amen.
FireMessiah

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: FireMessiah

Postby dstojkov » 08 Aug 2013, 13:48

Ze_PilOt wrote:Or you can tell me directly so I can find a solution instead of losing my time ?

I will as soon as I become my new graphics card. My computer is down.

I think to add a second possibility for the hooking of unit that erase all before filling with new values with "Replace"

before :
UnitBlueprint {
Merge = true,
BlueprintId="uel0001", #UEF Commander

##add the data/tables you want to merge here
}

after :

UnitBlueprint {
Replace = true,
BlueprintId="uel0001", #UEF Commander

##add the data/tables you want to merge here
}