Call for a web based platform

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Re: Call for a web based lobby

Postby dstojkov » 06 Aug 2013, 16:28

Ze_PilOt wrote:It's yours too as you've made your own balance mod instead of a 3599 one.

Well I extended the 3599 experience in adding micro to the game. You had this feature in the air battle I extended it to naval and land. And yes the level of game has become way more exciting way way more and at each level. A lot of people playing it were at the beginning confused but after just can stop playing it !! It really afford something to the game.

But from the other side i still behold the old 3599 that I also play with my mates.
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby discoverer2k4 » 06 Aug 2013, 17:01

Can we make a list who is playing the dstojkov 3599 mod? :) I wanna know the apes who support this selfish guy!!! Please...
ranking :
~1500 global / ~1100 ladder
~1100 games / ~ 400 games
discoverer2k4
Contributor

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: discoverer2k4

Postby dstojkov » 06 Aug 2013, 17:07

discoverer2k4 wrote:who support this selfish guy

say what do you want about me but not selfish ... I don't know how you come to that. Do you really think I do such a stuff only for myself ?????? This is actually really intriguing how blind you are
dstojkov
Evaluator

Postby RoundTabler » 06 Aug 2013, 18:18

I'm not questioning your sincerity, but why why why why do you think this will solve the issue? If you focused your efforts on FAF, perhaps someday it (or Zep) will come to the point where a 3599 mod is acceptable (I don't have a problem with it personally). What we are questioning is what you hope to accomplish with this that FAF can't. Your 'mission statement', if you will, is almost IDENTICAL to FAF's. :)

I think the selfish accusations come from your major reason for doing this being you 3599 mod not being featured.

EDIT: Hey Zep, what exactly is the problem with a 3599 balance mod? No offense, I just wonder.
Avantgarde: bug reports go to you [zep] via PM?
Ze_PilOt_: no
Ze_PilOt_: never.

Ze_PilOt: FA is not about being in a comfort zone all the time.
I think the game you want to play is Starcraft 2.
RoundTabler
Contributor

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: RoundTabler

Postby Ze_PilOt » 06 Aug 2013, 18:43

If I start making 3599 a featured mod, why not 3603, 3596 and all others ?

Then why not balance mod done by users ?

Then where to stop ?

Look at TA Spring. From my experience as a new player there :

I join. I have a ton of balance mod. I have to guess what's best or what's the most played. I bet most of the players stop there.
It only confuse players, and split the player base across several slightly different game modes.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby RoundTabler » 06 Aug 2013, 19:15

Ze_PilOt wrote:If I start making 3599 a featured mod, why not 3603, 3596 and all others ?

Then why not balance mod done by users ?

Then where to stop ?

Look at TA Spring. From my experience as a new player there :

I join. I have a ton of balance mod. I have to guess what's best or what's the most played. I bet most of the players stop there.
It only confuse players, and split the player base across several slightly different game modes.

Agreed. This could go too far. But 3599 was 'special'. It was a unique patch. And so we get 3599 balance and thats it. No more balance mods. What was the reasoning behind letting diamond be a featured mod - isn't it mostly balance?
Avantgarde: bug reports go to you [zep] via PM?
Ze_PilOt_: no
Ze_PilOt_: never.

Ze_PilOt: FA is not about being in a comfort zone all the time.
I think the game you want to play is Starcraft 2.
RoundTabler
Contributor

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: RoundTabler

Postby Ze_PilOt » 06 Aug 2013, 19:20

It was unique because it was the last patch supported by GPGNET.
Not even the last one supported by GPG for that matter.

It's not more special than any other patch, and most of the FAF player base has no clue what it is. (they are coming from Steam mostly).
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Voodoo » 06 Aug 2013, 19:22

RoundTabler wrote:Agreed. This could go too far. But 3599 was 'special'. It was a unique patch. And so we get 3599 balance and thats it. No more balance mods. What was the reasoning behind letting diamond be a featured mod - isn't it mostly balance?

Diamond brings an other kind of gameplay. You have to build a quantum gate to reach t4. It's more like a new feature and not a balance mod at all.
And i think it's also using the faf version of FA, but i don't know it exactly.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby Ze_PilOt » 06 Aug 2013, 19:27

Diamond is where I draw the line.
Vault54 has contributed a lot to FAF, it's a reward, and the inclusion of the mod was actually voted by the community (you can search in the forum, it's probably still there).

Maybe we can make a "balance mod" program where every month, a different balance mod is featured (after some vote).
But I don't think Vault54 will be happy about it, and as he is the only contributor to FAF code who did some balance mod so far, I really don't want to make him unhappy.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby dstojkov » 06 Aug 2013, 21:05

Well Zep ... You let me no other choice. You initiate what will follow

You are the kind of person getting to the end no matter what ... don't worry you are not the only one ;)
dstojkov
Evaluator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic