Call for a web based platform

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Re: Call for a web based lobby

Postby Ze_PilOt » 01 Aug 2013, 20:34

Because thinking of the name is probably the first to do.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby dstojkov » 02 Aug 2013, 12:13

import com.galactik_war.client.ui.galaxyMap.GalaxyHandler;
import com.galactik_war.protocol.objects.Game;
import com.galactik_war.protocol.objects.Player;

Do you have a web link or the like where i can find the jars needed to launch your java example ?
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Zavior » 04 Aug 2013, 14:21

vaporware extreme =)

though nobody will seriosly believe this will ever finish or even get to playable state
Zavior
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Zavior

Postby prodromos » 06 Aug 2013, 00:39

dstojkov wrote:
Nombringer wrote:
Ze_PilOt wrote:
The lobby is designed so any featured mod can have his own ladder (the matchmaker is actually doing that exactly).

The problem is that I won't accept simple balance mod as featured mod to not have the TA Spring effect (so many version of the same thing that people don't know what's best and what to use, scattering the community and make new players lost).

Agreed.

This is where our path split dude ... I definitively not agree with that.

Most of the players I knew are gone some being kicked, banned ... other just gives up on their own on their once beloved game because a too strict politic !!!! Just believe what you want and stay blind if you want this is your issue

I will just not give up on my once games mate because someone tell me what is better for me or the community ... Sorry we do have enough people who tell us what is "good" for us ... If you guys need a master this is your fucking choice !!! I don't need to have it also here and because speaking brought nothing I better invest my energy in building something from scratch so no blackmail at all

Dude, you are out of touch with reality and very disrespectful. I want normally to be mild and polite, but you bring out the worst of me. People have a hard time playing ladder games and devise excuses for it(e.g. like team games and other nonsense ); creating 10 ladders more would be hilarious. Yesteday I was about to commit suicide waiting half an hour for a ladder game(granted not in prime time but still..).
If your friends act like paranoids as you do, I am very happy they are banned.
prodromos

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby dstojkov » 06 Aug 2013, 12:19

prodromos wrote: Yesteday I was about to commit suicide waiting half an hour for a ladder game

Well dude this is a perspective point of view : you see well no one join my game now than what would it be if there is more that one ladder ...
the second point of view is WTF !! the pushing system pissed off so much people that a lot left ....

This is exactly what I foresee month ago ... the strict politic will purge old and will bring new players but will not hold them to stay. So this is a check mate strategy. You can argue on this but this is more or less what happens now.

I just want to save what can be saved. In the last day of GPG there was may be not so much people but this was a stable core. They were always there and FAF manage to purge them !!!! So if you are not able to understand that well I can nothing for you

The Christ said miracle is depending on how strong is your faith and man said I will have faith if I see miracle ..... If it was true back then it still is today !!!
dstojkov
Evaluator

Postby mead » 06 Aug 2013, 12:50

This thread is comedy gold.
mead

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: mead

Postby dstojkov » 06 Aug 2013, 14:20

mead wrote:This thread is comedy gold.

Well ... Actually this is a serious topic. I play this game for years now and feel concerned about his future.
dstojkov
Evaluator

Postby RoundTabler » 06 Aug 2013, 14:37

While Zep may be strict, the overall quality of the things he regulates are pretty good. Compare those to the systems he does NOT regulate (mapvault), and you see that the quality goes down dramatically. While there does seems to be a small portion of FAF players that prefer 3599, and player have left because of balance changes, that would have happened anyway eventually, and, in my point of view, the balance is MUCH better now than in 3599. Zep is strict, but with reason.
Avantgarde: bug reports go to you [zep] via PM?
Ze_PilOt_: no
Ze_PilOt_: never.

Ze_PilOt: FA is not about being in a comfort zone all the time.
I think the game you want to play is Starcraft 2.
RoundTabler
Contributor

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: RoundTabler

Postby dstojkov » 06 Aug 2013, 15:35

RoundTabler wrote:the overall quality of the things he regulates are pretty good

This is in overall true.

I truly believe i want the best for the game.

But for some part I totally disagree and think this goes against the community.

RoundTabler wrote: in my point of view, the balance is MUCH better now than in 3599

like you said .. this is your point of view
dstojkov
Evaluator

Postby Ze_PilOt » 06 Aug 2013, 16:12

It's yours too as you've made your own balance mod instead of a 3599 one.
It wasn't that good for either of us.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic