Call for a web based platform

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Re: Call for a web based platform

Postby errorblankfield » 08 Feb 2014, 04:40

I know right?

No offense to Zep, but I didn't realize he actually knew his shit.

I mean, you know he knows, but you don't notice how much he knows, ya know?
And I get this feeling all of this was just off the top of his head.

Mad props.
errorblankfield
Priest

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: errorblankfield

Postby Kulu » 08 Feb 2014, 05:06

Another lobby? Why? Maybe you should work together, dstojkow!
Kulu

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kulu

Postby Monk_ » 09 Feb 2014, 21:22

WOW,

First dstojkov,

You think you can make something better that FAF, well I don't believe for one minute that you make anything better than installing Hamachi to play this game. If you really wanted to make community better you would be trying to help Zep instead of using his forums to try to get help to do what he has already done.

Even if you think you could do this do you really think everyone is going to abandon FAF and flock to your lobby?? And if everyone didn't, would you not only be fracturing our already really small player base??

You say you want to go back to old GPG patch, but do you think everyone else is going want to play with all the bugs?? Are you going to fix the bugs as well or just make lobby?? Do you even posses knowledge to do this kind of thing, or are you just hoping that you are going to learn along the way??

Are you even willing to donate the time to do all these things as well as continue to support it when it is done?? I can only guess but it is going to take a lot of unpaid hours to do all this work.

We as a community (including you) are very lucky that someone with Zeps knowledge, determination and skills decided to make FAF for us all to continue playing the game we love. I know that I could of never done it and I also don't think that there was anybody else in a position to do it either. Reading through this thread I couldn't help to feel upset that you and your ideas are even getting considered here, on FAF forums. If I was Zep I would of closed your post on the first thread instead of doing what I also was doing HAHAHAing in my head. LIke wtf is this noob thinking that he can make a better FAF.

I cant a believe zep is even entertaining this crap on these forums, I guess it just goes to show what kind of person Zep is.

Now I know you don't care what I think as I only play this game, ive never made a mod or a map or what not, Im just someone who spent close to $100 on supcom/fa. A 100 dollar investment that I still get value out of everyday of the week even this many years after I purchased and that is because of FAF.

When GPG died I gave right up on FA for awile. I heard about FAF on gpg forums and looked into it a little but didn't think it that It was even worth time getting back into FA.. However after some time my cravings for this game got too much and I reinstalled and got back into steam version. However that version had too many people abusing bugs and whatnot so I decided to install FAF.

After I installed I couldn't believe my eyes. Not only was this a place to play FA, it was vastly superior to GPG. There was even more people playing than the last days of GPG. I at first was like how is this possible, who has created this great place and who or what has financed this. I remember Zep from GPG and found out he was the one who had done this. On his own time and his own dime. What really shocked me is if I did it (not that I ever have the capacity/knowledge to do it, something I think we both share) I would have banner ads or fees or something to try to get some revenue out of this great service that I was providing.

I however see no attempts by Zep, to make money of this lobby/service he provides. I would honestly pay to use FAF as I honestly believe FA experience has gotten better since GPG. I didn't agree and even dreaded the engi mod, but now that I am used to it I like it. I don't agree with all the balance changes, but I deal with them.

Now I know this was a long post, not sure what came over me. This Is my 2nd time visting these forums was just following a link posted in chat. I realize it is probably a TL/DR kind of moment, and is the most typing I have done all month.

However I was kinda irked that you would have the jam to write about this on these forums. You should be floating these ideas at the GPG forums not here. You should be here posting thanks to ZEP for his effort, or offering your ideas/help to fix what you don't like. If I was Zep I would be insulted that you would be bringing this up, not sending you links to material as he as done. But then again I am not Zep, nothing like him and neither are you.

And one more thing, as a first step why don't you pay$$ for your own forums to discuss these things or at least show us some of your work. Cause all I really see her is a zealous upset person talking shit about something he knows nothing of.
Monk_
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Monk_

Postby nine2 » 25 Sep 2014, 17:58

So how is this going? Just imagine if you had a working platform people would be playing it right this second.

Are you dead? I thought we would have been hearing from you heaps.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby dstojkov » 28 Sep 2014, 21:08

Wow ...

My post has been resurrected :D

Well partytime I am not dead thx God for that ... and I should have reached the beta till end of this month but will have to postpone it for one week since a virus fucked up my pc ...I will likely need one week more.

Regards
dstojkov
Evaluator

Been liked: 24 times

Postby Dragonfire » 28 Sep 2014, 21:46

Any public code our pictures?
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

Postby -_V_- » 29 Sep 2014, 07:15

IF he gets the stuff working nicely. Let him.
I'd surely love to have diff options.

Now I'm not saying I have faith in that web lobby, hence the "IF" in capital letters :)
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby dstojkov » 29 Sep 2014, 12:18

Dragonfire wrote:Any public code our pictures?

Of course there is, but I shutdown the server for the beta launch. For testing purpose and so on .. Once ready I will post the link

-_V_- wrote:Now I'm not saying I have faith in that web lobby

Well .. I understand your point of view but ... think rationally ... I don't pay a server just for making a fake or for trolling the community :?

People often ask how they can help for test.

Just install the last jdk, this is the only prerequisite for using it

Regards
dstojkov
Evaluator

Postby dstojkov » 29 Sep 2014, 12:26

The bug fixes for the 3 featured mod 3596, 3598, 3599 will be provided later. For I can not make the lobby and the bug fixes in the same time.
It will be proposed like a mod at first so that every one can contribute to it.
We will begin from scratch so that every one can also learn to mod this game

Actually I wanted to repo it.

In my plan this topic is for the end beta
dstojkov
Evaluator

Postby Raging_Squirrel » 29 Sep 2014, 19:06

dstojkov wrote:will have to postpone it for one week since a virus fucked up my pc ...I will likely need one week more.

lolololololololol
and of course LOL, lol
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat with experience.
Raging_Squirrel
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Raging_Squirrel

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic