Freedom and Society

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Re: Freedom and Society

Postby Casimus » 01 Oct 2012, 19:28

I voted Liberal, which is partly why I feel so betrayed. Hell i sound like a whining tree hugger reading all that back when things aren't so bad.

There will always be capitalism, I find it hard to accept that and the exploitation that goes with it. What worries me is not the world I will eventually leave (100 years or so is optimistic but who knows) its the world I will leave behind for my little girl and our unborn child.

I would love to be one of the rich ones, but it seems they are doing everything they can so that the average Joe like me can't make any real money.

Im not so familiar with the goings on in Germany so perhaps you can enlighten me if things are as bad?

Next time by the way I will be voting as per Brewsters Millions "none of the above"
Casimus
Banned

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 23 times
FAF User Name: SN_CASIMITSU

Postby rootbeer23 » 01 Oct 2012, 20:46

Casimus wrote:There will always be capitalism, I find it hard to accept that and the exploitation that goes with it.

You don't have to accept it at all.

Casimus wrote: What worries me is not the world I will eventually leave (100 years or so is optimistic but who knows) its the world I will leave behind for my little girl and our unborn child.

Every human above the age of 3 has worries.

Casimus wrote:Im not so familiar with the goings on in Germany so perhaps you can enlighten me if things are as bad?

Next time by the way I will be voting as per Brewsters Millions "none of the above"

its not fundamentally different in germany.
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

Postby Softly » 01 Oct 2012, 22:53

Things aren't as bad as they might seem. Remember that it will depend on your perspective. Things aren't perfect, but saying that all rich people pay less tax is wrong, some avoid tax to the extent they may pay a smaller percentage of their earnings but the top few in our society still pay far more than anyone else.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby rootbeer23 » 02 Oct 2012, 02:43

DilliDalli wrote:Things aren't as bad as they might seem. Remember that it will depend on your perspective. Things aren't perfect, but saying that all rich people pay less tax is wrong, some avoid tax to the extent they may pay a smaller percentage of their earnings but the top few in our society still pay far more than anyone else.

Hm, lets have a 1v1 on setons dilli. you give me both front spots, both beaches, both rocks and one air spot, you get the other
air spot. The goal is to win the game and make extra power generators for the little computer people living on the map.
I will make 1 pgen per minute, you will make 1 every 30 minutes. sounds fair?
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

Previous

Return to Off-Topic