UEF Propaganda

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Re: UEF Propaganda

Postby Hawkei » 04 Jul 2016, 06:59

BushMaster wrote:But how do i into UEF? Whenever i try my com just goes boom in enemy base, i don't understand. How to UEF?

So many things to say here. But in essence they are not too different from other factions. Provided that you are reasonably good with eco and macro play, and not dependant on ML or Loyalist rushes, you will be fine. They have perfectly good T1, a reasonable T2, an excellent T3, and a situational T4. The T2 andT3 game is where it really is at for UEF.

The UEF units are biased towards high HP, low speed, and comparatively low (but not insubstantial DPS). They have good shielding and jamming abilities. Which all means that UEF is a very good, conventional, faction for taking fire. Although the UEF really shines in defence, it is equally capable of offence as well - and to truly play UEF well you need to understand the strength of a good defence.

To enter to mind of a good UEF player you need to be thinking counters. "Who is my opponent, what are they doing, what will they do next". You then need to use the leverage of defence. Use the terrain to your advantage. Understand the battlespace, and master it. The basic modus-operandi for UEF is "shield and counter strike". It is not enough to simply counter your opponent and parry him with your "shield", you need to use your "sword" as well. It should always be defence + something else... If you don't have that "something else" you will certainly loose.

The final important point about UEF is to understand Combined Arms Tactics. UEF units are supporting units, and many of them do their jobs very well, but they are simply a part of the whole. UEF has some really powerful force multiplying units, and a good UEF player will combine them to fully utilise their leverage.

Percival's are strong and powerful, but also very slow. So use Continentals to get them around quickly. Broadswords can rip apart anything on the ground, but they need good cover from ASF, SAM, and Cougar. The Janus is terrible at sniping - but bloody brilliant for doing everything else. The Stingers can give your ground units extra mobility as well as shoot - and the Sparky is the perfect support unit - with T2 engineering, reclaim, weapon, radar, and jammer (not to mention the HP of a T2 tank).

A lot of players like to hate on UEF, because, everything UEF has can be beaten by something else. But the true strength of those units is in combining them to create the perfect army.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby biass » 04 Jul 2016, 07:04

did you not know moose was having a meme about or are you just bored :P
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby zeroAPM » 04 Jul 2016, 09:29

Hawkei wrote:The Janus is terrible at sniping - but bloody brilliant for doing everything else.

Explain "everything else".

Is it dropping bombs short of a stationary target? Is it a mobile "bonfire procurement device" so that the enemy just has to move his arm forward to roast his marshmallow?
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby NapSpan » 04 Jul 2016, 10:56

zeroAPM wrote:
Hawkei wrote:The Janus is terrible at sniping - but bloody brilliant for doing everything else.

Explain "everything else".

Is it dropping bombs short of a stationary target? Is it a mobile "bonfire procurement device" so that the enemy just has to move his arm forward to roast his marshmallow?

I thought bomb drop was fixed, but no. You have to make them fly over flat terrain before drop or they will fail horrible, aside from that, it eats armies and structures.
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Postby zeroAPM » 04 Jul 2016, 11:28

So it's only useful useable if one is playing a map flatter than the whole setting of Flatland?
zeroAPM
Priest

Postby NapSpan » 04 Jul 2016, 11:52

zeroAPM wrote:So it's only useful useable if one is playing a map flatter than the whole setting of Flatland?

...just avoid mountains and everything should be ok.
NapSpan

Postby The_Witcher » 06 Jul 2016, 14:51

I play ONLY UEF in ladder games and i think they're a strong and solid faction. You can spam t2 pillars to take map control during your opponent t1 phase and usually i reach t3 at 14/15 min during my games (when i have mass i upgrade my HQ at t3 very early). After that i start percies spam and gg. :D
The_Witcher

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: The_Witcher

Postby NapSpan » 06 Jul 2016, 21:42

The_Witcher wrote:I play ONLY UEF in ladder games and i think they're a strong and solid faction. You can spam t2 pillars to take map control during your opponent t1 phase and usually i reach t3 at 14/15 min during my games (when i have mass i upgrade my HQ at t3 very early). After that i start percies spam and gg. :D

So, I,m copying your BO :) I,m tired about Striker spam or mongoose rush (really, I have no idea how to go T3, my games dont last enought because Janus are OP, they kill everything :) )
NapSpan

Postby zeroAPM » 06 Jul 2016, 21:57

NapSpan wrote: my games dont last enought because Janus are OP, they kill everything :) )

Is not nice to make fun of the disabled, even if they are non-sentient, disposable planes cobbled together with whatever mass came out of the mass spot.
zeroAPM
Priest

Postby Nepty » 10 Jul 2016, 21:27

A friendly reminder to the fans of UEF:

UEF won the infinite war with Blacksun. Unfortunately Blacksun made the quantum subspace barrier weak. Seraphim was able to rip through and bomb the hell outta the Earth. (Supcom FA's intro).

This could have been avoided if our xenophobic troops didn't nuke the Seraphim colony in the original Supcom intro. Aeon may have never existed also. Mistakes were made.
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic