Good wireless keyboard/mouse

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Good wireless keyboard/mouse

Postby Zoram » 20 Jun 2016, 20:56

Hi all,

My cheapo wireless Logitech set is dying. Any advice for good wireless keyboard and mouse ?
(I know I know, pros play wired, but I'm playing on my sofa and don't want a 2 meters cable)
Zoram
Priest

Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 111 times
FAF User Name: zoram

Re: Good wireless keyboard/mouse

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 20 Jun 2016, 21:57

Honestly, if you don't care about hyper-speed reflexes and accuracy and you are playing from your couch, another $30 logitech combo isn't a bad thing. I played on one of those for years. What kind of budget?
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby Zoram » 20 Jun 2016, 22:32

I'm not too worried about budget. I'd guess 150 for the pair should be enough for something decent that would be a bit more reliable that my current logitech kit (no reference on it, couldn't say what it is), which I had for years indeed, although the scrolling wheel click stopped working ages ago. (so if I want to shoot an arrow in the Witcher, tough luck :p)

I was happy with the battery life. Before that I had been full cheap (supermarket 15€ or something) and I'd have to change the batteries every 2 weeks.

One thing is kinda important, the captor has to tolerate shitty surfaces (leather couch, wood table)

If it can have key leds, would be a plus, although I'm affraid it'd make me fall back in the battery life problem.
Zoram
Priest

Postby Morax » 21 Jun 2016, 16:06

Honestly, it depends on your personal preference and the physical nature of your hand (hehe... jokes). For me Logitech just nails it while Razer is a tad too slender and doesn't feel that good. Both are phenomenal hardware-makers but one just fits the comfort factor right.

Go to a store and try some out to get an idea of what you like then price hunt online.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 21 Jun 2016, 22:30

Morax is absolutely right, try on your mouse like you would a shoe :P If budget isn't that big of a deal to you, then comfort/features is the deciding factor.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby IceDreamer » 22 Jun 2016, 02:43

Comfort is 110% the big consideration with a mouse. I'm the opposite of Morax, with Logitech's offerings simply being too small for my large, long hands. Have used Razer mice for 12 years now (Copperhead > Diamondback > Mamba 2012), the shape of the Mamba for me is simply perfection, and I've never had any trouble from any of them. All three still going strong at various machines.

For keyboards, honestly you want backlighting, but whether you go for fancy programmable stuff is up to you. I recently bought the Corsair K70 RGB. It's brutally well built, incredibly pretty, brilliantly functional and fantastically expensive, and I've not looked back since, but £160 for a keyboard is a LOT of money no matter what. I'd honestly recommend the K70 RED edition, because you get 95% of the functionality for £70 or so. Despite my love of Razer's mice, I don't condone their Keyboards. Poor design and build in my experience.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Zoram » 22 Jun 2016, 21:51

Thanks all.

IceDreamer, your advices don't really work with wireless (or I havnt found the products).

Right now if I want to play with a proper mouse, I bring my tower forward so that I can use my wired mouse (an asus that came with a ROG laptop, quite happy with it), no too convenient :)

so I'm looking for something without too much of a decrease in quality but wireless.

I'll go to stores and see what I can play with :)
Zoram
Priest

Return to Off-Topic