Orlando

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Orlando

Postby briang » 15 Jun 2016, 02:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t88X1pYQu-I <---- well written and delivered rant

I disagree with far lefters and far righters on many issues, but gun control is something that the left is simply right about. How many more people need to die for people to realize that the NRA supports gun manufacturers and not gun owners?

From americanprogress.org: "Only 29 percent of gun owners feel that the NRA represents their thinking when it comes to background checks, with 62 percent saying the NRA is out of line with them on the issue. That fits in with a broader feeling that the NRA has lost it way: 59 percent of gun owners feel that the NRA used to be an organization devoted to gun safety but that it has been overtaken by lobbyists and the interests of gun manufacturers and lost its original purpose and mission."

Every time there is a shooting like this, gun sales skyrocket. When are people going to wake up and realize that people who are profiting on the blood of dead Americans don't want to enact-common sense policies to keep Americans safe?
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Re: Orlando

Postby NapSpan » 16 Jun 2016, 14:30

Legolas like this
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Postby IceDreamer » 16 Jun 2016, 14:59

They're Americans.

Never.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Morax » 16 Jun 2016, 15:53

When are you going to realize the top 1%, the political elite, and most people don't give a shit about "commoners" like us? This is old news, briang.

If you want to make changes drop everything you are doing and get involved in politics. Most people are not willing to do what it takes to get change but are perfectly fine raging about it.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby briang » 16 Jun 2016, 16:30

Morax wrote:When are you going to realize the top 1%, the political elite, and most people don't give a shit about "commoners" like us? This is old news, briang.

If you want to make changes drop everything you are doing and get involved in politics. Most people are not willing to do what it takes to get change but are perfectly fine raging about it.

There are plenty who care. The suggestion that most politicians are one percenters wealth wise is laughable. TherE was just a 15 hour filibuster in the Senate. I don't call that lack of caring.
briang
Spammer

Postby Morax » 16 Jun 2016, 17:45

briang wrote:
Morax wrote:When are you going to realize the top 1%, the political elite, and most people don't give a shit about "commoners" like us? This is old news, briang.

There are plenty who care. The suggestion that most politicians are one percenters wealth wise is laughable. TherE was just a 15 hour filibuster in the Senate. I don't call that lack of caring.

No one ever reads the fine print...

The feds failed to put this guy on a watch list and the gun shop owner had the documentation to prove that this guy was 100%-eligible to buy a gun.

What needs to happen is that our gov't needs to actually apply the laws they have in place. Whatever people decided it was okay to let this man roam around without a fed notice that would show up on a gun sale should be fired.

Most of the FEDs, CIA, and etc etc are a bunch of morons.

Action needs to be taken but in the right way.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that something must be done but it's not gun control laws. This whole thing has been miserable to see happen.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby briang » 16 Jun 2016, 19:33

What do you think the filibuster was about you moron? This guy WAS on the no-fly list. Senate Dems are getting common sense legislation to ensure these sorts of people can't buy any weapons passed as we speak.

Are you suggesting that we should let these sorts of people purchase weapons and then be forced to have constant surveillance on them? Do you know how expensive that is? How about we use our brains a bit and don't allow people who we think might even have the slightest inkling to do something like this to purchase a weapon.
briang
Spammer

Postby Morax » 16 Jun 2016, 20:21

It's a way bigger issue than what is in the laws, my friend. It is the choice by certain agencies and groups of people to uphold them.

You can sit in a corner comfortable, thinking more gun laws will help, but people are always going to find ways around this.

And for the record, no, I do not condone the ability to sell guns to people with mental health, possible terrorist ties, etc, etc.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby Zoram » 16 Jun 2016, 21:12

Morax wrote:It's a way bigger issue than what is in the laws, my friend. It is the choice by certain agencies and groups of people to uphold them.

the illuminatis ?
Zoram
Priest

Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 111 times
FAF User Name: zoram

Postby Softly » 16 Jun 2016, 21:16

I remain hopeful that someday the US will realise that selling lethal weapons to people causes these kind of lethal attacks
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Next

Return to Off-Topic