Orlando

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Re: Orlando

Postby wasdf » 17 Jun 2016, 11:39

Well i wanted to watch the rant, but i quit halfway because I have a real dislike for American presentation styles xD It's always so exagerated? Don't know if it's the right word for it. I also don't know how you can appreciate it xD like when she says: "if people don't have a friend to hold a phone for them, they shouldnt get a gun"? whaatt?! or was that a bad attempt at comedy?

People always like to twist information too for their agenda, if I look up the data the video shows, It states that there were 1002 mass shootings since Sandy Hook.

http://www.vox.com/a/mass-shootings-sandy-hook

The data which they took this number from actually only states 141 Verified Mass shootings, what's also interesting is that this data verifies 733 incidents of self defence. (since usually the discussion is Mass shootings vs. Self defence, i thought i'd add this). What's sad about the info is that it doesn't list the deaths/injuries per incident type, making it a bit unreliable.

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

My thoughts: People always make it about self defence why you should be able to keep your guns, but I would say the more important reason is to protect yourself from tyrannical governements! That's why i would be against the banning of guns and this is why you should too!

I wholeheartedly agree, that it's too easy to get a gun in America whithout anyone knowing it was you who bought it. I do believe that if someone buys a gun they should be accountable, every gun and pack of bullets should be registered.
wasdf

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby zeroAPM » 17 Jun 2016, 16:22

Had my computer with me I'd go on a posting spree, I do not and also that might save me a ban or w/e.
Instead I'll point everyone to Kennesaw, Georgia.
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby Morax » 17 Jun 2016, 16:56

Thank you everyone who provided some insight on the Swiss model - much appreciated.

ajkayforty7, the "exaggerated" presentation you speak of is likely what is referred to as a "sarcastic sense of humor." It usually involves overly-stating a situation in effort to show someone how ridiculously over-analytical they may be. There is not really an easy way to explain it, but in your defense, I don't like it either. It's kind of taking the easy way out and poking fun at someone or something and rarely has much clever thought involved; it usually involves a "slam" or jab at someone's thought process :lol:
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Previous

Return to Off-Topic