Orlando

Talk about anything not related to FA or FAF here !

Re: Orlando

Postby TheKoopa » 16 Jun 2016, 21:55

Softly wrote:I remain hopeful that someday the US will realise that selling lethal weapons to people causes these kind of lethal attacks

Like criminals care, they will obtain guns anyway.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Morax » 16 Jun 2016, 21:56

I agree, Softly. I don't understand why people are so fascinated by guns. I'm on a paintball team and even seeing a barrel aim a little too close to someone without proper gear aggravates the living hell out of me.

Guns are fun to shoot and all but I just don't get the motivation to make it a #1 hobby...

However, please don't classify "Americans" as one group as it's a fairly large country where a lot of people don't support this. It irks me that Europeans treat us like one set of thinkers.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Zoram » 16 Jun 2016, 21:59

TheKoopa wrote:
Softly wrote:I remain hopeful that someday the US will realise that selling lethal weapons to people causes these kind of lethal attacks

Surely more guns in circulation makes it easier ...
Zoram
Priest

Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 111 times
FAF User Name: zoram

Postby briang » 16 Jun 2016, 22:19

TheKoopa wrote:

It is easier to monitor them when they are obtaining guns through illegal means than walking into a gun show and purchasing one with no questions asked.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby Morax » 16 Jun 2016, 22:20

Truth, Zoram. The more difficulty added the harder it is. It will still happen but at a lesser rate.

I just don't like the overly simplistic approach a lot of people take on this stance as you have the effectiveness of the FBI, CIA, etc; the NRA resisting change; loop holes; etc; etc. There is so much stuff beyond the paperwork and lobbying that happen. Who knows if the guy had used illegal licenses (fake IDs) or something that were not detectable by the gun shop owner's system?

It's just so crazy how many things are involved... I mostly blame human error, tho; not what is written in law.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby Morax » 16 Jun 2016, 22:21

briang wrote:
TheKoopa wrote:

It is easier to monitor them when they are obtaining guns through illegal means than walking into a gun show and purchasing one with no questions asked.

Florida don't give a damn about gun laws :lol:

It would be nice if they could be removed from the USA along with other shit states that make us look bad.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby D4E_Omit » 16 Jun 2016, 22:26

TheKoopa wrote:

That explains why theres so many shootings in the EU. Oh wait..

If theyd just leave the guns for the shooting range, like here in the EU. And I mean indoor regulated shooting clubs, not some redneck outdoor sandflat which you can walk in and out of at any moment. This way gun fanatics can be gun fanatics and terrorists would actually have to go to hell and back to obtain a gun, surely this is less encouraging then being able to buy an AK at the thrift shop.
Sometimes, I just feel like I want to eat pancakes.
D4E_Omit

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: D4E_Omit

Postby Morax » 16 Jun 2016, 22:45

Explain Switzerland to me, then...

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby Hawkei » 17 Jun 2016, 07:23

Morax wrote:Explain Switzerland to me, then...
Switzerland has a responsible gun culture, where gun users are accredited, and military training is compulsory. Every adult in that country is a professionally trained rifleman - and their weapons remain in the appropriate place for protecting the public against military invasion. The Swiss model is a good one for showing how a 2nd amendment civilian militia should work. People don't carry guns in public. They don't keep automatic weapons - and everyone is trained in how to use them safely, and gun ownership is carefully monitored, and permits are required to buy or own weapons. The gun is not seen as a personal defence weapon - but rather is something kept for the service of the public.

The Swiss model is a heavily regulated mandatory gun training culture - where guns are used largely for recreation and military service.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby D4E_Omit » 17 Jun 2016, 08:53

Morax wrote:Explain Switzerland to me, then...

Funny, because I was going to mention swiss style gun rights in my post, but I decided not to.

Swiss style works good because it is very well monitored. Only stores with permits to sell can sell guns, and if the background check of a person checks out to have any kind of criminal past no gun will be sold. Also like Hawkei says you need to have a permit and carrying guns in the streets is forbidden, even if you use them for home defense you can risk going to jail/community service (even if attacker was armed). So basically gun use is totally off limits over there except for in the shooting club or out hunting.
Sometimes, I just feel like I want to eat pancakes.
D4E_Omit

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: D4E_Omit

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic