Phantom X 1.8 testing and feedback

Moderators: Duck_42, mead

Re: Phantom X 1.8 testing and feedback

Postby Duck_42 » 12 Nov 2012, 20:28

Phantom-X Test Version 1.8j

-Added mass cost for using Paladin mark.
-Fixed bug so that mark cannot be used after death.

In this version, the Paladin mark cost is determined by the following function
(5000 + 100000 * ArcTan( 0.05 * (GameTimeInMinutes - 8.0))) * luckyGuessProbability

The lucky guess probablity is the number of Paladins divided by the number of innocents plus the number of Paladins.
(numberOfPaladins / (numberOfPaladins + numberOfInnocents).

ExtractMe.zip
Phantom-X Test Version 1.8j
(107.95 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Duck_42

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Duck_42

Postby Duck_42 » 14 Nov 2012, 01:21

Phantom-X Test Version 1.8k

-Minor tweak to Paladin mark cost implementation.

ExtractMe.zip
Phantom-X-1.8k
(107.91 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
Duck_42

Postby mead » 15 Nov 2012, 19:00

1.8k is broken/bugged and causes desyncs. Haven't looked into the cause yet, best guess is overlooked reference to older versions.

Edit: Confirmed; modpath is linking to 1.8j in every case ;-) Fixed it, named it 1.8m, uploaded it.
mead

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: mead

Postby mead » 16 Nov 2012, 14:08

Like any FA team match, Phantom games are susceptible to deliberate trolling and players unintentionally ruining the experience for everyone else. The most common problems are lag (sometimes deliberately (!) induced, as in a game yesterday) and of course sim speed. Notepad blacklists help somewhat, but for months, I've been missing the good old eject mod that used to work so well in gpgnet days. I got it working (somewhat) under FAF a few weeks ago, but due to the changes to how the game now handles connectivity issues, its functionality is limited - it is possible to sever connection between oneself and any other player, halting the game, but unfortunately that does not automatically give the other players the opportunity to eject any more. However, with the eject functionality integrated into the Phantom mod, every player can eject at will necessary. At the same time, this prevents abuse - any player who wrongly ejects others will most likely be collectively booted. Also, since it is integrated in Phantom, and not stand-alone, any concern about exploiting it in ranked / 1v1 is moot.

Secondly, there is Ducks wonderful Nuke Ping mod. While it was originally conceived for Phantom gameplay, it is never used, because most people don't have it or aren't even aware it exists. I think integrating it into Phantom X would be a good idea.

I've made a test version 1.8n (based on 1.8k/m) that features both eject and nuke ping (considering nuke ping is solely yours, Duck, I'll take this down if you want me to).
Last edited by Ze_PilOt on 18 Nov 2012, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing attachement file.
mead

Postby Duck_42 » 18 Nov 2012, 02:28

Mead, while I do understand why you want to put those things in, neither one of those are specific to Phantom play. If they're going to be incorporated anywhere, it needs to be as part of the FAF code (not the Phantom mod code). I have no problems with putting those in the test versions, but I'm completely against putting them in the final update.
Duck_42

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Nov 2012, 14:20

The eject mod is banned in FAF. Please remove it from your zip file.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby mead » 18 Nov 2012, 17:28

You actually read this forum, Ze_PilOt? Consider me surprised. I'll remove the eject mod, although I don't see how it can be abused in Phantom games. Regarding the nuke ping mod, I think there is no game mode better suited for it than Phantom and can't understand your objection to including it, Duck, but it's your mod of course.

@Zep: I talked to the Nomad team. They could help us upload the new Phantom X, but need access permission for the Phantom X FTP folder. Why don't you give it to them?
mead

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Nov 2012, 18:13

Lack of time. I have many, many time that nothing will happen on FAF until next year at best.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby mead » 27 Nov 2012, 17:44

Made 1.8o, same as 1.8n but without eject and with decreased mass cost for mark. Uploaded @ first post.

Edit: Next version should revert to original mass cost formula.
mead

Postby mead » 11 Dec 2012, 22:17

After request: made version with score enabled, just for lulz.
Attachments
Extract_me_for_the_lulz.rar
(129.71 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
mead

PreviousNext

Return to Phantom-X