Phantom X (v1.8) Update Request

Moderators: Duck_42, mead

Re: Phantom X (v1.8) Update Request

Postby mead » 24 Oct 2012, 07:12

I gave some ideas in an other post to have a little bit more deception. Ok it complicates the rules but less than your formula ^^

Could you maybe link to that / copy it? I can't seem to find it, but maybe I'm just too tired.

They dont have interest to hide in the current version. And I mean, if the mark price is very high, we could imagine the pala giving extra mass to other innos or things like that.. I have tested in phantom N when I was phantom and it worked prety wel (and if it is a pala giving them ress, they wont say anything so this should work even better).

And that sort of thing is something we intend to encourage.

Except with a t1 sera arty spam, this is very hard to pass through a wall of pds, shields, t2 arties, and tml, escpecialy if the others innos clean the phantom's air.

T1 arty spam is a nice way to cripple noobs quickly, and a good gimmick for raiding even against better players, but it is by no means a way to win in high-skill games. Once someone has a shield and a few t2 pds, t1 art are good for little more than destroying unprotected, outlying mexes or naval facs, or as support for higher-tier units.
Regarding general balance, I still think that having 4 innos opposed by 2 phantoms results in in a phantom win almost every time, assuming the phantoms do not fight among each other and break / attack early. Innos desperately need a buff even with the changed veterancy.

Well, I have one, which solve many problems I think.. I am afraid to be off topic but here it is :
Make the teams dependant from each others by making the importance of the phantom bonus bigger. For example the total income for a phantom should be : 0,4*phantom own production + 0,6*innos production or something like that. There would be a malus and a bonus.. (and delete the extra storages to avoid having phantoms poping a very early t4 from nowhere).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What malus/bonus? Correct me if I'm wrong: You're saying a phantom's income should no longer be his own eco plus a bonus calculated as a percentage of combined innocent's income. Instead you want the phantom income to be some sort of weighted average of all innocents and all phantoms?
mead

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: mead

Re: Phantom X (v1.8) Update Request

Postby Harpagon » 24 Oct 2012, 19:34

mead wrote:
Could you maybe link to that / copy it? I can't seem to find it, but maybe I'm just too tired.

http://faforever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1721&sid=d18231d1495f03bf19099db5aa8ca594

mead wrote:I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What malus/bonus? Correct me if I'm wrong: You're saying a phantom's income should no longer be his own eco plus a bonus calculated as a percentage of combined innocent's income. Instead you want the phantom income to be some sort of weighted average of all innocents and all phantoms?

Not exactly. In the current version , the phantoms earn 100% of their own production + 20%(+-) of the inno's ressources

In my example of formula , phantoms would earn 40% of their own production + 60% of the inno's ressources. (there is no average here)
I sayed "malus" because they loose 60% of their initial production when they are assigned as phantoms.
Harpagon
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Previous

Return to Phantom-X