Phantom X (v1.7) Update Request

Moderators: Duck_42, mead

Phantom X (v1.7) Update Request

Postby Duck_42 » 11 Aug 2012, 04:08

As some of you know, there's been a fair bit of play testing with changes to the Phantom-X mod. Thanks to all of you for taking time to download the mods. I know it can be annoying. Anyhow, I think it's time to get these changes published to FAF.

Zep, when you get a chance, please update the Phantom X mod with the code below. Thanks.

Changes in v1.7
1: Reduced Phantom bonus while at war.

New bonus table (old values in parentheses)
Code: Select all
Phantom Count   Allied      Mixed       Enemies
-------------------------------------------------
      1          20%       24% (25%)    28% (30%)
      2          10%       14% (15%)    18% (20%)
      3           8%       10%          14% (15%)
-------------------------------------------------

2: Changed mod code so that when one Phantom dies, the new number of Phantoms will be used for calculating bonuses. For example, if there were three Phantoms and all were at war with all innocents then their bonus would be 14% (see above table). If one is killed, the remaining two Phantoms will now receive an 18% bonus (see above table). If a second Phantom is killed, the remaining Phantom will receive a 28% bonus.

3: At assignment, Phantoms now receive a special mass and energy storage building. The building stores 50,000 mass and 300,000 energy. The building is spawned off of the map, so it should not be possible to see it or attack it. If anyone finds or knows of a way to exploit the existence of this structure (i.e. to determine who the Phantoms are), please let me know.

4: Added Paladin players. Paladins are "super innocents" that get a configurable percentage of the phantom bonus. Paladins have the same goal as regular innocents. The Paladin assignment is made at the same time as phantom assignments (8 minutes in). No one else will know (including the other Paladin) who the Paladins are, so Paladins will need to be careful or they will look a lot like the Phantoms. Paladins are assigned based on how many phantoms there are.

5: Added The following Lobbly Options
Reveal To
-Available choices will be Everyone, Phantoms, Paladins, and Phantoms and Paladins.
-This option controls which types of players will get to see reveal messages.
Reveal Who
-Available choices will be Phantoms, Paladins, and Phantoms and Paladins.
-This option control which types of players will be revealed.
Global Bonus Adjustment
-Available options will be 80%, 90%, 100%, 110%, and 120%.
-This option allows the host to tweak the phantom bonus amounts accross the board.
Paladin Ratio
-Available options range from no paladins to one to one (i.e. one paladin for every phantom)
-Essentially, this option controls how many Paladins will be assigned.
Paladin Bonus
-Available choices are 25%, 35%, 45%, 55%, and 65%.
-This option allows the host to set the Paladin bonus (as a percentage of the Phantom Bonus).

6: Removed texture files for mass and energy storage units to reduce mod size. As far as I know, there's really no need to have these within the mod file. Taking them out reduces the mod file size from 2.6 mBytes to 0.1 mBytes.

phantomx.zip
Phantom-X v1.7 FAF Mod File
(102.21 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Duck_42

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Duck_42

Re: Phantom X (v1.7) Update Request

Postby mead » 17 Aug 2012, 13:24

Changes in 1.71

6: Added the following Lobby Option
Reveal after Death
-Toggles if a player's assignment will be revealed to the others following his death. If turned off, it will also remove the counter of remaining Innocents, Phantoms and Paladins from the UI.
Attachments
PhantomX.zip
(105.35 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
mead

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: mead

Postby uberge3k » 17 Aug 2012, 18:53

Wow. This is really awesome.

By all means, update it with my blessings. :)
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby Ze_PilOt » 20 Aug 2012, 22:04

done.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Duck_42 » 26 Aug 2012, 16:17

Version 1.72 (Feature fix)
-Modified player count information text so that it isn't too long for the UI. Text was running into the buttons for Phantom players when the "No Reveal After Death" option is used.

-Modified the kill count text and icon so that they will not be visible when "No Reveal After Death" is set to yes. Having those UI elements visible defeats the purpose of the game option.

phantomx.zip
Phantom-X v1.72
(105.28 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Duck_42

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Duck_42

Return to Phantom-X