Phantom-X v1.7

Moderators: Duck_42, mead

Re: Phantom-X v1.7

Postby mead » 04 Aug 2012, 14:07

I clobbered together a version that should incorporate the stuff we talked about:

CHANGELOG:
- phantoms are revealed to paladin only, timer is 30 minutes
- reduced number of paladins for 3 phantoms to 1; bonus itself has not been adjusted
- added UI bonus info back in; phantoms see bonus % and absolute mass / energy bonus; paladin only sees absolute values because bonus % could easily give away the phantoms prematurely
- Paladin designation is changed from "Paladin" to "Innocent (Paladin)", to avoid confusion for new players

IDEAS for future releases (some of these have already been mentioned):
- adjust paladin bonus % based on number of phantoms in game
- reveal phantoms to each other prior to being revealed to paladin
- when a paladin or phantom is killed, do not reveal if the player was phantom or innocent; do this only for normal innocent players
Attachments
Phantom-X-Test-v1.7b.zip
1.7b
(91.37 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
mead

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: mead

Postby Duck_42 » 06 Aug 2012, 00:10

Ok, here's the next update. On the outside, this one is basically the same as 1.7b. However, there are a lot of under the hood code changes (mainly coding for upcoming lobby options).

Phantom-X 1.7c
-The Phantom bonus percentages have been reverted back to their 1.6a values. (blame Mead for this one) :D
-Added "Reveal To" option. Available choices will be Everyone, Phantoms, Paladins, and Phantoms and Paladins.
-Added "Reveal Who" option. Available choices will be Phantoms, Paladins, and Phantoms and Paladins.
-Added a global bonus adjustment option. Available options will be 80%, 90%, 100%, 110%, and 120%. This will allow the host to tweak the phantom bonus amounts accross the board.
-Added Paladin Ratio option. Essentially, this option controls how many Paladins will be assigned.
-Added Paladin Bonus option. This will allow the host to set the Paladin bonus (as a percentage of the Phantom Bonus). Available choices are 25%, 35%, 45%, 55%, and 65%.

Since lobbly options don't work in regular mods, I've set the following options for 1.7c:
Reveal To: Paladins & Phantoms
Reveal Who: Phantoms
Global Bonus Adjustment: 100% (Normal)
Paladin Ratio: 3/5 (3/5th of a Paladin for every one Phantom, rounded down)
Paladin Bonus: 45%
Reveal Time 1: 20 minutes
Reveal Time 2: Same
Reveal Time 3: Same

As always, this is a test version. It's probably got a bug or two in it, so if you run into something, please let me know.

Phantom-X-Test-v1.7c.zip
Phantom-X TEST VERSION 1.7c
(91.32 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
Last edited by Duck_42 on 06 Aug 2012, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.
Duck_42

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Duck_42

Postby mead » 06 Aug 2012, 02:32

Just a little note: It reveals not only to paladin, but also to phantoms in 1.7c.
mead

Postby Duck_42 » 06 Aug 2012, 04:21

My bad. I thought I set it the "Reveal To" option to Paladins only, but it was set to Phantoms and Paladins.
Duck_42

Postby Duck_42 » 10 Aug 2012, 20:32

Here's the SCD version of the mod (complete with lobby options). This can't really be tested on FAF, because FAF will automatically overwrite the mod file with its version. However, it can be tested offline using AIs or IP based games.

If you come across any bugs, let me know.

After this is tested (by Mead, myself, and anyone else who'd like to test it), I'll request that Zep update the FAF Phantom-X mod with this version.

Instructions:
1. Download the zip file and extract it to a folder somewhere (doesn't really matter where).
2. (Optional) View the batch file and confirm that no one has put any malicious code in it.
3. Run the batch file.

The batch file will do the following:
1. Make a backup copy of your exisitng Phantom-X mod file (the on that FAF uses).
2. Copy the test version of the mod into your FAF gamedata.
3. Run FA with the necessary options to enable the Phantom-X SCD mod (game log will be written to the Desktop).
4. After the game window is closed, copy the original Phantom-X mod file back into the FAF folder.

Phantom-X v1.7 SCD Test.zip
Phantom-X v1.7 SCD Test Version
(97.19 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Duck_42

Postby BenDover » 15 Aug 2012, 23:16

Hey maybe this is slightly off topic but i didnt want to start a new one, recently ive played quite a few games on this mod and i get the feeling that every single time i play on this mod (with paladin) im a phantom. I think ive been inno only once so.. I dont know how you select players to be phantoms but it is clearly favouring me :D
BenDover

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Duck_42 » 16 Aug 2012, 00:14

It's random. I've checked. :D

In case you're curious, the section of code that chooses the phantoms is:

Code: Select all

for i=1,cur.stats.phantom_count do
                   local ok = false
      local p = 0
      repeat
         ok = true
         p = math.random(table.getn(cur.innocents))
         for index, army in cur.phantoms do
            if cur.innocents[p] == army then
               ok = false
            end
         end
      until ok == true
      table.insert(cur.phantoms, cur.innocents[p])

Key in that being p = math.random(table.getn(cur.innocents)). In other words, pick some random innocent and make him phantom (unless he's already a phantom, in which case, pick me another random innocent).
Duck_42

Postby mead » 17 Aug 2012, 00:39

I added a lobby option that allows a game where the UI provides no information on how many phantoms are left, and does not announce a player's assignment when he dies. This is primarily for games with a long reveal time or no reveal.
Attachments
PhantomX.zip
(105.35 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
mead

Postby Duck_42 » 17 Aug 2012, 05:10

Works as advertised. :-)
Duck_42