So... let´s talk PxModAlpha

Moderators: Duck_42, mead

So... let´s talk PxModAlpha

Postby Vanguard » 10 Nov 2017, 16:46

So Androish made this thing for PhantomX.

Off the top of my head it changes:
- Sera gets RASSCU Option
- T3 Arti all have the same range
- Better Shields for Cybran
- ASF more resistant to Soulripper Groundfire (same as the Aeon CZAR change)
- Hives for all

In your opinion:
Do the changes in that mod make for better or worse PhantomX games?
Would you like to see other changes?
Vanguard

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Vanguard

Re: So... let´s talk PxModAlpha

Postby BenDover » 13 Nov 2017, 21:16

I like it, hives for all means less clutter in my base, RAS SCU for Sera means it's not useless late game.
BenDover

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 26 Nov 2017, 05:03

Ras coms for sera = OP sera. They aren't supposed to have crazy ass eco. Neither are they and Aeon supposed to have access to hived or kennels. You want those - play UEF and Cybran. You REALLY want to play Aeon or seraphim but you also like kennels - enable engy trading or cap a factory.

Same arty range and stronger cybran shields are nice, now we need to buff UEF shields cuz they are 2nd worst after cybran despite UEF being the "tanky" faction.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby BenDover » 26 Nov 2017, 14:31

Those are a bunch of weak arguments.. who says what are races supposed to have? I must've missed that decree.
BenDover

Postby Zook » 27 Nov 2017, 04:20

BenDover wrote:Those are a bunch of weak arguments.. who says what are races supposed to have? I must've missed that decree.

It's because they are the factions with the game ending stuff. It actually puts UEF and Cybran even further behind than you would think.
Zook
Crusader

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Zook

Postby Apofenas » 27 Nov 2017, 12:35

Cybran shields

There is a reason behind cybran shields being weak. It is called faction diversity. They aren't supposed to have strong shields and especially they aren't supposed to have stronger shields than UEF on T3 stage. In fact cybran have both t2 and t3 shield stronger than UEF which goes against their faction design.

Engineer stations

This is also a part of faction diversity and breaks balance. T3 engineers were balanced the way so UEF and Cybran t3 engineers are 25% less effective than Aeon and Seraphim just because of engineer stations. Just to mention, engineer stations aren't mobile and have a lot less build power per mass ratio than t1 engineers. On the other hand Aeon/Sera t3 engies match t1. Should I mention t1 engie has most efficient bp/mass?

Want engineer stations for all? Sure thing. But finish what you started: rebalance engineers and make different models for every faction. I don't like seing rough cybran structures being built in smooth aeon base. You may as well just randomly delete 3 factions or play Phantom with "all factions" mod. Game will be much more balanced i can assure you.

Sera SCU RAS fixed in equilibrium

This change indeed balances the game. But is it a good change? Why do you think adding RAS for sera SCU is better than removing it from other factions? This just confirms that RAS SCU eco is a phantom meta and only leads to turtling.

T3 arty fixed in equilibrium

This is a good balance change too. Official balance team ignores T3 arty range difference for years already.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby PhilipJFry » 27 Nov 2017, 19:55

Apofenas wrote:T3 arty fixed in equilibrium

This is a good balance change too. Official balance team ignores T3 arty range difference for years already.

we're actually planning on giving all t3 arties the same range in the next patch

about the RAS sacus: imo having useable t3 massfabs is good enough for the base game since RAS sacus are somewhat inefficient in terms of pure economy and we're certainly not going to look at phantom meta when doing balance changes to the base game
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby BenDover » 27 Nov 2017, 22:35

Engi stations will always be better especially in phantom games where mass income is often in the thousands... engineers have a major fault = pathfinding is broken, you can't assign build power to your projects quick enough.
BenDover

Postby Androish » 25 Jan 2018, 17:16

Throwing this idea out there...

I have an idea for inclusion in the mod. Some range of Anti teleport tower in the nuke def. To counter telesniping nukedefs with teleporting support commanders.

Or just removing teleporting commanders completly.

Maybe 3 Options:
1. Add Anti teleport capability to Nukedef.
2. Remove teleporting support commanders.
3. Option 1. and also give teleporting commanders to the two factions missing it currently

Difficulty
1. Maybe hard. possible to add anti teleport towers (its in blackops) But not sure if I can import that code easly.
2. Easy. Just remove some lines of code.
3. Same as 1.
Androish

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Androish

Postby Untouchablez » 25 Jan 2018, 22:26

I play Phantom games more than most, before these changes Cybran was ridculous with hive manipulation and destro spam, it was nealry impossible to stop any cybran phantom in their path. All other factions were pretty useless.

Lets think about the idea of phantom, you need build power "Muscle" to defeat your opponents by quick spamming EXP, Navy, Air, etc etc.

The majority of the games i have played sicne introudcing this mod, with regular (pro) phantom players have been much more fun, diffcult, and much more rewarding game play. I couldnt go back to normal phantom again!.

This mod gives all factions EQUAL opportunies, thats the main thing about this. EQUAL fair chance of any faction being able to win a Phantom game.

So are these changes good?

- Sera gets RASSCU Option

Yes - Phantom is played on most smaller maps like Ranoke Abyss, no room for sera to eco etc so yes of course sera should have rassccu......

- T3 Arti all have the same range

Absolutley

- Better Shields for Cybran

Not entirely sure about this since Cybran Shields were op before with hive manipulation!.

- ASF more resistant to Soulripper Groundfire (same as the Aeon CZAR change)

Not entirely sure where i have seen this/experienced it., so cannot comment.

- Hives for all

A MUST

Garythegoat...........................
Untouchablez
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Untouchablez

Return to Phantom-X