Countering This

Moderators: Duck_42, mead

Countering This

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 12 Nov 2016, 00:15

Is there any counter to the scenario that plays out in this replay? Is there something I can do differently about my eco/defense to survive longer?
Attachments
5398694-MarshalLichKing.fafreplay
(160.61 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Re: Countering This

Postby KeyBlue » 12 Nov 2016, 01:18

Not much to see. Its a phantom game with nothing happening and then the reveal happens and you get nuked and die.

Copy eco paths of some other inno, because yours was the worst by far it seems. Do this before your next phantom game.
Write it down and just do what is done there.
Repeat.

Build anti nukes when you see that someone buids 10+ nuke subs?

Not sure what else there is to say.
KeyBlue
Priest

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: KeyBlue

Postby Apofenas » 12 Nov 2016, 04:54

I watched this replay a little and can say, that it's pointless to give advices about Phantom late game as long as you have so bad early game development. Slow on RAS, t1 mex on island, a bunch of naval factories.

Instead of that make RAS on 2 t2 pgens and upgrade 3 t1 mexes to t2 in the beginning. After RAS is done, reclaim pgens and use that mass to cap t2 mexes on main island and upgrade island mexes to t2. Than get core 7-8 mexes to t3 and start quantum gates while upgrading rest mexes one by one.

There are ways to do it a bit different or do it faster, but the main goal of current Phantom meta is to get RAS SCUs early, fast and many.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby BenDover » 12 Nov 2016, 16:08

Next time I will know not to shoot more than 2 nukes at you or else I'll destroy my own reclaim, pf.
BenDover

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Return to Phantom-X