Phantom games are Full Share since last Patch

Moderators: Duck_42, mead

Phantom games are Full Share since last Patch

Postby EffEff » 10 Nov 2016, 02:17

Hi,

I recently played 2 Phantom games. One was hosted by Lemming_king, the other I hosted my self. In both games sharing was off by Default, but instead the game was "Full Share" which is a Problem at phantom games.

It happend first with Patch 3662, but zock told me, he hasn't changed anything. Could someone have a look on this issue?

Did anyone else see this?
EffEff

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: FF

Re: Phantom games are Full Share since last Patch

Postby BenDover » 10 Nov 2016, 02:55

Yes it's been this way since previous patch unfortunately nobody here seems to give a shit about mods leaving it up to mod's creator to keep up. I haven't seen Duck or mead in a while so we're out of luck I guess.
BenDover

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby KeyBlue » 10 Nov 2016, 14:36

No, not all games have this issue.
There are plenty of phantom replays where share until death works like it should.

So since not all games have this issue. It seems it was never reported and thus nobody knew.

Thank you for reporting this FF. Good to see someone cared enough to at least report this.

Providing some replays and game.log's would' be usefull.
KeyBlue
Priest

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: KeyBlue

Postby EffEff » 12 Nov 2016, 01:19

Sorry, was not online yesterday.
Attachments
5394723-FF.fafreplay
No Share game which is Full Share
(210.47 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
EffEff

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: FF

Postby EntropyWins » 30 Nov 2016, 00:26

I encountered this during the last game I played. The Phant next to me rushed up a spider, I killed his build power and ACU with air before the spider got into my base. All his units went to one of the other Phant, who used the spider to kill me.

> No, not all games have this issue.

I don't know what is going on exactly, but two possible causes for this:

* Perhaps it only happens when the person that dies does a manual share
* Perhaps it only happens if the person that dies is allied with someone else
EntropyWins

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: EntropyWins

Postby EntropyWins » 30 Nov 2016, 00:29

BenDover wrote:Yes it's been this way since previous patch unfortunately nobody here seems to give a shit about mods leaving it up to mod's creator to keep up. I haven't seen Duck or mead in a while so we're out of luck I guess.

Well clearly the people playing Phantom-X care. And some people care enough to contribute code. However no one is merging these changes. Perhaps KeyBlue should be given merge rights on that repo?
EntropyWins

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: EntropyWins

Postby BenDover » 30 Nov 2016, 17:28

Idk if anyone still needs it but I got all stuff from inno (FF) I was allied with last game, here is the replay and log file.
Attachments
game.log
(268.2 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
5477415-BenDover.fafreplay
(356.5 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
BenDover

Postby CookieNoob » 30 Nov 2016, 17:53

there are several different errors in that log file, I am not really sure which one is causing the wrong share mechanism though (if at all)
Spoiler: show
hm I remember this error with custom colors and normal supreme commander...
Code: Select all
warning: Error running HandleEvent script in CScriptObject at 22cbc380: ...orged alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\lazyvar.lua(92): You are attempting to set a LazyVar's evaluation function to nil, don't do that!
         stack traceback:
            [C]: in function `error'
            ...orged alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\lazyvar.lua(92): in function `Set'
            ...d alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\maui\bitmap.lua(59): in function `SetTexture'
            ...data\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\chat.lua(115): in function `RolloverHandler'
            ...d alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\maui\window.lua(365): in function <...d alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\maui\window.lua:364>

some unit (mass fab) dies and stuff isnt cleaned up properly
warning: Error running lua script: ...\gamedata\units.scd\units\uab1104\uab1104_script.lua(89): attempt to call method `SetSpinDown' (a nil value)
         stack traceback:
            ...\gamedata\units.scd\units\uab1104\uab1104_script.lua(89): in function <...\gamedata\units.scd\units\uab1104\uab1104_script.lua:81>

wut?
warning: Error running lua script from destroyed thread: IssueMoveOffFactory: Passed in an invalid target point.
         stack traceback:
            [C]: in function `IssueGuard'
            ...\gamedata\units.nx2\units\ura0001\ura0001_script.lua(90): in function <...\gamedata\units.nx2\units\ura0001\ura0001_script.lua:82>

nuke explosion and thus particle cap reached:
info: Particle cap exceeded, discarding excess.

sinking ships shouldnt cause it:
warning: Error running lua script: Failed to attach entity xrs0204 to /projectiles/sinker/sinker_proj.bp on bone 1
         stack traceback:
            [C]: in function `AttachBoneTo'
            ...projectiles.nx2\projectiles\sinker\sinker_script.lua(38): in function `StartSinking'
            ...projectiles.nx2\projectiles\sinker\sinker_script.lua(28): in function <...projectiles.nx2\projectiles\sinker\sinker_script.lua:26>

this happens to late to impact that:
warning: Error running '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua:OnBeat': Invalid army -1. (Use a 1-based index)
         stack traceback:
            [C]: in function `IsAlly'
            ... commander forged alliance\mods\quickshare\share.lua(297): in function `fn'
            ...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(607): in function <...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua:593>

also interesting, this comes from the new teamkill reporting stuff but probably shouldnt fire when its a modded game:
warning: ACU kill detected. Rating for ranked games is now enforced.
Check out the next level of maps: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13014
For adaptivity, customizability and less clutter in the vault.
CookieNoob
Priest

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 249 times
FAF User Name: CookieNoob

Postby BenDover » 30 Nov 2016, 18:03

warning: Error running '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua:OnBeat': Invalid army -1. (Use a 1-based index)
         stack traceback:
            [C]: in function `IsAlly'
            ... commander forged alliance\mods\quickshare\share.lua(297): in function `fn'
            ...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(607): in function <...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua:593>

This is from my own mod nobody else has it so it can't cause the problem, I'm too lazy to fix it as it's working anyway so ignore it D:
BenDover

Postby BenDover » 24 Feb 2017, 13:00

Has there been any progress on this issue? I see github threads were closed but this issue still persists (at least in phantom mod). It even happened a few times that enemy AI got all the units and immediatelly began attacking everyone (with arty, the units wouldn't move) and since it was AI we couldn't exactly ask him to destroy the base.
BenDover

Next

Return to Phantom-X