Better stealth.

Speak about the balance testing mod.

Re: Better stealth.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 17 Aug 2012, 11:07

We don't know. I don't do speculations here. Some were tested and not viable.
So we will see.

You already know what is planned.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Rienzilla » 17 Aug 2012, 11:59

Well, judging by your reaction and after carefully re-reading this thread I conclude that you'd rather not have people's opinion on any proposed change. A lot of people voice legitimate concerns here about the solution to a problem which (imho) doesn't really exist; There's not a single post that says "hell yeah! we need a complete change of targeting!"

Do as you see fit, but keep in mind that altering the game in a way that does not correspond to a major (if not the majority) opinion can't be good for the community.

Cheers,
--
Rien
Rienzilla
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Rienzilla

Postby Ze_PilOt » 17 Aug 2012, 12:09

Did you really read viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1718 ?

Because you will noticed that all you are saying is already planned before you said it. And was already said on this thread.

I saw plenty of post stating that stealth was useless, .... and by looking at replay, the reason was pretty obvious.

And if I should ALWAYS listen to louder people, or just opinions, the balance testing would be a shitty mess doing every thing and his opposite.
Here, we listen about facts.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Rienzilla » 17 Aug 2012, 12:46

Just a quick final reaction to this after our discussion on IRC.

We disagree on the basic question if the stealth change is needed at all. I think it should be reverted because I think it creates more problems than it solves; you think the change is good and needs tweaking.

Given your decision that the stealth change is, in fact, needed, I'm perfectly fine with the tweaks as proposed in 3619.

Cheers,
--
Rien
Rienzilla
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Rienzilla

Previous

Return to FA Balance testing