Replays.

Speak about the balance testing mod.

Replays.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 03 Jun 2012, 19:12

If you want to show something silly, or great, post your replay here.

BIG WARNING

Post only replays. I don't want debates over them. Any post outside that rule will be erased and the author striked out.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: Replays.

Postby FunkOff » 03 Jun 2012, 20:18

Just some tests with the new tempest and soul ripper. Tempest seems to lose against it's own value in battleships, and against destroyers if the destroyers are microed to dodge the shots from its main cannot. (Except for seraphim destroyers, they have really low torpedo damage and lose to submerged tempest.) The only real benefit of the tempest vs other battlesships is submerg ability and torpedoes, it's weaker in every other way.

The Soul Ripper can take out between 60 and 80% of its own value in AA units (cruisers and mobile) when faced with 100% of its own value. Against 10 cybran cruisers, it killed 8. Against 100 mobile hover flak, it killed 61. I predict that at the 20,000 mass price point, it will entirely replace the 21,000 mass monkeylord as the "rush" experimental.
Attachments
141879-ooe.fafreplay
(20.22 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Ze_PilOt » 03 Jun 2012, 20:23

The price is somewhere between a monkey and a megalith. I'm eager to see replays with rushed Soul ripper to see if it's that bad !
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby FunkOff » 03 Jun 2012, 20:26

Ze_PilOt wrote:The price is somewhere between a monkey and a megalith. I'm eager to see replays with rushed Soul ripper to see if it's that bad !

Code: Select all
    Economy = {
        BuildCostEnergy = 480000,
        BuildCostMass = 20000,
        BuildTime = 20000,
    },

^^From the bp file added for the soul ripper
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 03 Jun 2012, 20:29

Ok, this is a mistake.

And it's fixed. price is 28000 (as a start).
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby TheUnseenForce » 04 Jun 2012, 04:29

In this I was testing the "Anti off-mapping" that was added. When I off mapped a t3 UEF bomber, it was able to stay off the map for as long as I wanted without stopping and returning into the map. This was done using move orders. Also, it said that there needed to be a minimum speed for the bomber to drop, but I was able to drop a bomb from a hovering sera t1 bomber near the end of the replay. Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant though.
Attachments
142631.fafreplay
(5.03 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
TheUnseenForce

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Ze_PilOt » 17 Jun 2012, 19:06

- T1 only spawn T1.

I agree to all the points. I will see how to tweak that.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby FunkOff » 17 Jun 2012, 19:09

I also think omni should kill the ghosts. Omni is omni for a reason.

Also, the new jamming should include a ghost or two that mirrors the host unit, like the old jamming. Right now, it kind of sucks because if you have a frigate sitting in the water and somebody sees it with radar, he knows the only blip that's not moving is the host unit.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Postby uberge3k » 17 Jun 2012, 22:38

4 games from today:
162949-TAG_UBER.zip
(503.45 KiB) Downloaded 178 times

Overall, jamming needs a lot of work. At the moment it does seem OP, though part of that could be because it's new and surprising. More important was the fact that you can't tell what units are yours and what are holograms. Ideally, the strategic icons should appear for your enemy, but not for you yourself; then the jamming would have its intended confusing effect on enemies, but without the side effect of making you think that you have more units than you really do. :)

Firebeetles seem greatly improved so far, but I don't like that you can target a t2 mex surrounded by storages, and it will detonate just shy of the storages and not kill the mex itself, as you can see in the first drop around 12 minutes into the Seton's replay. After seeing that happen the first time, I manually moved each bomb into position to detonate them so they would be guaranteed to kill the mex. The insta-detonate feature is awesome.

The Scathis doesn't seem to have a role as of yet, as Zock's was (in the 3rd isis game) somewhat useless. 3 MLs would have likely been far more effective, and perhaps won him the game. My gut feeling is that it either needs to be cheaper still, or have a longer effective range so it can hit targets across the map, or...? [edit]: Or we simply haven't seen a perfect storm situation of its intended (?) role as a midrange siege-y bunker buster, which will be the next thing we'll try to test.
Ze_PilOt wrote:If you want something to happen, do it yourself.
uberge3k
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times
FAF User Name: TAG_UBER

Postby FunkOff » 18 Jun 2012, 02:11

Scathis is a siege weapon, so a reasonable person would expect it to be most effective against enemies that have fortified their positions against direct fire and air units. If you and rock hadn't done so in the Isis game, then it's only reasonable to expect that yes, 3 MLs would have been better.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Next

Return to FA Balance testing