Replays.

Speak about the balance testing mod.

Re: Replays.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 14 Jul 2012, 12:43

At least it's some test, and at worst, prove that (some) T3 land produced with the same BR than a XP is very capable of destroying it (for those who doubt it).
Of course, loyalist are the best units for that (loyalists + firebeetle are a even better combination). And the GC one of the worst (because the claws will stun the GC every time they trigger). But it also apply to monkeylord and megalith (slow turnrate, easy to turn around it), and even ythota (you can avoid the big ball of death), and any other fast t3 bots.

I agree that it doesn't match any real game situation, but at least it's something.

If you don't agree with that procedure, post your replays and your own analysis.

We are not dumb, we don't need you to point out the flaws of any type of test. This is not the other balance forum, the people who watch these tests are not complete morons.

So :

1. Post replay
2. Post analysis
3. Stop posting sterile debates.

This will be the only warning.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby FunkOff » 14 Jul 2012, 16:11

Me and benny ran three tests:

First test, each player had a paragon, 50 T1 engies and 1 T3 engie to start. Benny started spamming T3 bots, I started spamming T4 bots. I have 3 megaliths by the time he has 10 T3 bots, and totally crush him.

Second test, same replay, we repeated the same conditions, but intentionally unbunched engineers. The result was similar, with my first mega produced when benny had 2 bricks, and me easily overwhelimg small numbers of bricks with many XPs.

Third test, same replay, we start with just a T3 factory and a paragon, no engineers. I was able to produce a megalith in the time it took him to produce 3 bricks, because I could build engineers with the factory while other engineers were producing the megalith, whereas benny could not build both attack units and megas at the same time.

Experimentals are clearly the most efficient way to build late-game attack power, by a large margin.
Attachments
207436-FunkOff.fafreplay
(32.9 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Karottenrambo » 14 Jul 2012, 16:31

I Just lost my rights to come here because I'm not able to make a valuable post without trolling.

^ I didnt write that.
Last edited by Ze_PilOt on 14 Jul 2012, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited with the reason why you are banned from here.
Karottenrambo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Raging_Squirrel » 15 Jul 2012, 00:36

besides that you can't kill exps with t3 land adequately, now you can't use it vs ACUs as well (snipers are the only option)
t3 land is now shit :evil:

PS in that replay I could've killed 2 ACUs, but it seems like you need a t3 army in equality to exp mass wise? REALLY?? WTF YOU SERIOUS???
PSS yes I'm mad
Attachments
208114-Raging_Squirrel.fafreplay
(304.57 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat with experience.
Raging_Squirrel
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Raging_Squirrel

Postby pip » 21 Jul 2012, 19:13

I'm concerned about the Seraphim t3 sub new DPS. It seems too weak now. I can't post the replay, because it was a Nomads replay, but I felt it was underpowered in a game where it should have made a difference to go t3 and it actually was a mistake because it was easily overwhelmed by t2 and t1.

According to the changelog, it lost a third of its DPS. If it's accurate, it's too much IMO. It loses badly to its cost in t1 subs and t2 ones. Of course it has a much longer range, but they can overrun it and the range itself doesn't justify such a high cost anymore.
I think it should either get some DPS back or stay as it is but at a cheaper price.
Last edited by pip on 21 Jul 2012, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 21 Jul 2012, 20:24

I'd say to increase the dps a bit again. Otherwise they're going to be spammed even faster than now. Don't forget that the AA is still the same and the AA is decent.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby Icy » 20 Aug 2012, 08:23

2 replays with 3619 test mod. don't know how helpful these will be, as i was dead tired when I played these games (not balanced either). Something should be better than nothing though.

The shaders are beyond awesome, and T3 land definitely feels better at -20%
Attachments
271621-tGx_Icy.fafreplay
(85.61 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
271659-tGx_Icy.fafreplay
(116.35 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Icy
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: tGx_Icy

Previous