Report bugs here.

Speak about the balance testing mod.

Re: Report bugs here.

Postby pip » 30 Jul 2012, 19:38

Bendover spotted many bugs in the first place, he's very helpful too, don't forget him. What he reports are real issues, that require investigations.

@Dili, it's only because you should have won the release tourney that I scolded you! I have only love for the XBX guys!

Reporting a half bug here since it's difficult to know if this was a typo or not:

T3 strategic subs had their energy cost set to 800 000 in 3603 whereas the Seraphim Battleship has kept a normal cost, even though it also has two roles : battleship + nuke launcher.
I believe the upped cost was supposed to be 80 000 (from the 66 000 they costed before), because nuke launchers themselves have a cost of 210 000 energy, not 800 000, and Strategic subs take more time to build nukes, not less.

I already reported it in the balance discussion thread, but I do think it's a bug / typo, and that it should be fixed, especially so that Cybran can actually build this great secret unit again.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby BenDover » 31 Jul 2012, 15:03

I found a new bug regarding the new stealth system (which i like very much btw) so heres the rep:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u8eokg

and whats going on:

i spawn 2 paragons for me and civilian so the stealth works

i spawn 8 destroyers and omni for me and counter intelligence boat for civilian and turn its stealth on.
i use omni to send 8 destroyers to attack the stealth boat and then turn off omni and the bug occurs - 4 destroyers are still on their way to the target (the other 4 lose lock and hold position) they finally get in range and destroy it.

i do the same test for land with monkey lord and bombers this time 6 bombers for me and monkey lord with stealth on for civilian - again same thing after turning off the omni 3 bombers lose lock but the other 3 continue to attack, one of them lost lock when dropped its bomb but locked again when the other two bomber went in the line of sight and then again one of them lost lock etc. (at least thats how i saw it maybe im wrong)

then i send all the destroyers to kill ML with omni on and again after turning off the omni half of them holds position but the other half continues to attack.

also works with torpedo bombers and other units.

from what ive observed so far half of the units that are closest to the target ignore the omni and continue to destroy their target.

BTW. land stealth field generator once scouted can be targeted and destroyed even without line of sight or omni (just like regular buildings it doesnt disappear from map, but units around it do) dont know if its intended or a bug
Last edited by BenDover on 31 Jul 2012, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
BenDover

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 31 Jul 2012, 15:06

So the bug occurs with civilians ?

I'm pretty sure they are excluded from all the changes.

I will see what I can do about it, but I'm not sure they are triggering the necessary functions for the system to work.

For the building, yes it's intended : A building don't move, so a scouted building will stay here.
What shouldn't be updated his is state (ie icon going darker if destroyed).
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby BenDover » 31 Jul 2012, 15:08

I just tested it and it happens with all opponents not only civillians.
BenDover

Postby Ze_PilOt » 31 Jul 2012, 21:07

Should be fixed.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby BenDover » 31 Jul 2012, 21:44

i tried few things first target acu with stealth upgrade (i tried with the next cloak upgrade and this one is fine) and torpedo bombers killed it without omni, then i tried t2 cybran sub with stealth also died, but then when i tried killing the destroyer and counter intelligence boat, torpedo bombers stopped so the problem is partial only underwater units can be targeted and destroyed i will try with ML in a sec.

rep http://www.sendspace.com/file/97zwu1

ed. ml also dies

ed2. i just tried ythotha underwater with stealth boat cloaking it and it still died so the problem is with units that are submerged its not important where they get their stealth from and also only torpedo bombers are bugged same thing wont work for destroyers
BenDover

Postby Ze_PilOt » 31 Jul 2012, 22:53

My bad.. Used "Water" instead of "Seabed"...
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby pip » 01 Aug 2012, 10:18

There is still a bug with the Seraphim ACU and t2 air transport: when your ACU is shooting and walking (especially backwards), and you order your air transport to load the ACU, there is a chance that the ACU will be lifted during a walking animation, thus being lifted at a weird angle. When the ACU is unloaded after having be loaded in such a way, it will explode upon landing.

This is not easy to replicate, since often,the load order make the ACU change his move order so that it will stop when the Transport lifts it, but sometimes, the transport loads the ACU before it is stopped, and that's where the bug occurs.
Attachments
237218-ppipp.zip
(4.14 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby Doompants » 22 Aug 2012, 01:57

Ze_PilOt wrote:My bad.. Used "Water" instead of "Seabed"...

Last night (Aug 20) I had several T2 cybran subs (personal stealth) that were getting shot at and destroyed by cybran destroyers, even though when I watched the replay they were out of visual range (and of course, since they're stealthed, shouldn't be showing up when in non-omni sonar range). Is this similar to what BenDover was posting about, or do you want to see a replay?
Doompants

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Doompants

Postby pip » 22 Aug 2012, 11:22

Lu Xun spotted a problem with Civilians in the middle of Artic Refuge : an ACU will target the civilian units (trucks) before the enemy ACU. Maybe something can be done about target priorities or threat level of Civilian buildings/ units.
Attachments
276180.fafreplay
(6.24 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
pip
Supreme Commander

PreviousNext

Return to FA Balance testing