Report bugs here.

Speak about the balance testing mod.

Re: Report bugs here.

Postby pip » 17 Jul 2012, 12:27

EDIT:
- @Bendover: according to Brute51, the tactical launcher / nuke defense /nuke launchers not benefitting from adjacency if the projectile is started before pgens are built is a known bug that is on the to do list of the Community Bugfix Patch. It's there for the last 5 years and more, and is probably hard to fix, otherwise, it would have been fixed already.
Meanwhile, maybe it's counter intuitive, but if you want your nuke launcher to benefit from adjacency as soon as it si built, you need to buid the pgens before the tac launcher and nuke launcher / defense.

- About 3616 new veterancy:
Just reporting that in 3616 test, ACU kills provide only 1 xp and SCU 6xp.

Also, the veterancy requirements for ACU have not been changed yet, which may still be required even if xp have been diminished (like, for Exp, veterancy requirements have been upped because it's easier to get vet from t2 and t3).

Maybe the overcharge nerf is enough, but I'd advised testing my suggestion for ACU levels becoming +10 higher from the previous level (20/ 50 / 90 / 140 / 200). That would be great if good players could test it, at least in 1v1, to check if ACU are not too nerfed this way. I tested against a cheating AI, and it "felt" appropriate, but it's not a satisfying enough test of course.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Icy » 17 Jul 2012, 18:18

UEF ACU drone bug still exists. If you replace the drone upgrade while a drone is rebuilding after being shot down, the drone will finish rebuilding and remain on your ACU in addition to the other upgrade. (I will edit this post and add a replay when I get home, currently at work)
Icy
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: tGx_Icy

Postby Pavese » 18 Jul 2012, 11:15

Icy wrote:UEF ACU drone bug still exists. If you replace the drone upgrade while a drone is rebuilding after being shot down, the drone will finish rebuilding and remain on your ACU in addition to the other upgrade. (I will edit this post and add a replay when I get home, currently at work)

It also stacks. With enough effort you can have dozens of drones that are still rebuilding :D
Pavese

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Icy » 18 Jul 2012, 21:12

The Tempest is still 1000 mass cheaper than the patch notes say it should be. (notes say the cost was halved, but the Tempest costs 13k mass, it was previously 28k.)
Icy
Contributor

Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: tGx_Icy

Postby Duck_42 » 22 Jul 2012, 19:57

Ran into this error in the game log while playing a balance test game:

Code: Select all
warning: SCR_LuaDoFileConcat: Loading "c:\programdata\faforever\gamedata\faforever.prw\units\url0301\url0301_unit.bp" failed: ...ogramdata\faforever\gamedata\faforever.prw\units\url0301\url0301_unit.bp(580): `}' expected (to close `{' at line 579) near `1'

Also saw a boat load of these:
Code: Select all
warning: Error running OnIntelChange script in CScriptObject at 12ccf080: ...ata\faforever\gamedata\faforever.prw\lua\aibrain.lua(874): access to nonexistent global variable "UnitId"
         stack traceback:
            [C]: in function `error'
            ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\config.lua(53): in function <...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\config.lua:52>
            ...ata\faforever\gamedata\faforever.prw\lua\aibrain.lua(874): in function `SetUnitIntelTable'
            ...ata\faforever\gamedata\faforever.prw\lua\aibrain.lua(902): in function <...ata\faforever\gamedata\faforever.prw\lua\aibrain.lua:891>
Duck_42

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Duck_42

Postby Ze_PilOt » 22 Jul 2012, 20:21

Ok, it should be fixed.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby BenDover » 30 Jul 2012, 00:57

1: i scout any land unit (i dont think it works on buildings but its easy to test for urself) select a bomber and order it to attack, i lose sight of the unit so i want to get my bomber back to base because any bomber now send to kill something is a wasted bomber so it sits in my base and i scout the same unit again by accident or on purpose and the bomber is sent to the unit location ... by itself. You cant stop it on the rep you can see i tried sending it to base few times, tried STOP button and nothing it suicides itself everytime i scout the megalith...

rep time 3:55

2: i wrote about this bug couple of weeks ago but i guess the community needs a rep so:
i spawn 50 torp bombers and right away few of them get blocked on the side of the screen order is canceled and they get suspended mid air close to the edge of the map blocked for a few seconds (i cant order them to do anything).

rep time: 7:15

i have my bombers in the corner of my base (lets imagine this situation often you want to hide something from scouts deep inside your base close to the edge) and then i send them to attack the megalith and.. again some of them stay behind frozen there waiting to lose me the game i think...

rep time: 8:00

rep: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ttjp32
BenDover

Been liked: 47 times

Postby Kryo » 30 Jul 2012, 10:17

BenDover wrote:1: i scout any land unit (i dont think it works on buildings but its easy to test for urself) select a bomber and order it to attack, i lose sight of the unit so i want to get my bomber back to base because any bomber now send to kill something is a wasted bomber so it sits in my base and i scout the same unit again by accident or on purpose and the bomber is sent to the unit location ... by itself. You cant stop it on the rep you can see i tried sending it to base few times, tried STOP button and nothing it suicides itself everytime i scout the megalith...

rep time 3:55

2: i wrote about this bug couple of weeks ago but i guess the community needs a rep so:
i spawn 50 torp bombers and right away few of them get blocked on the side of the screen order is canceled and they get suspended mid air close to the edge of the map blocked for a few seconds (i cant order them to do anything).

rep time: 7:15

i have my bombers in the corner of my base (lets imagine this situation often you want to hide something from scouts deep inside your base close to the edge) and then i send them to attack the megalith and.. again some of them stay behind frozen there waiting to lose me the game i think...

rep time: 8:00

rep: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ttjp32

I already thought that the recent game mechanics changes would cause issues like that. Its really urgent to fix it.
Kryo
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kryo

Postby BenDover » 30 Jul 2012, 10:49

Here is another one, i understand it was done because of some bug allowing you to upgrade mex t3 for half the cost but it broke more things than it was worth ...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6ee4qf
Seriously some things just should stay the way they were.
BenDover

Been liked: 47 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 30 Jul 2012, 11:01

BenDover wrote:Here is another one, i understand it was done because of some bug allowing you to upgrade mex t3 for half the cost but it broke more things than it was worth ...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6ee4qf
Seriously some things just should stay the way they were.

Can you explain what we are supposed to look at ?
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

PreviousNext

Return to FA Balance testing