Transport drop too slow !!!!

Transport drop too slow !!!!

Postby dstojkov » 25 May 2012, 15:02

It last sometime so long before that the unit and the commander are dropped ....
Is it possible to make the process quicker ?
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Transport drop too slow !!!!

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 25 May 2012, 15:04

I would like this. At the moment I think the transport has to get to a specific drop height. If we increase the range of that drop height then it would be much better. But then it might be hardcoded into the engine. Also it would be good if transport pick up beams had 2x the range.
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Doompants » 25 May 2012, 16:23

This should be in the balance forums, if anywhere. Not sure drop speed needs to change much, although I wouldn't be again increasing the pickup range if such a thing were possible. Might help pathing/congestion issues when you have a lot of units queued for loading multiple transports.
Doompants

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Doompants

Postby Ze_PilOt » 25 May 2012, 16:26

It's indeed annoying to die because your transport is repositionning slowly to drop :-/
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Pic » 26 May 2012, 02:59

i believe this to be lack of preperation the moment u make untis drop very fast from dropships is the moment no one ever loses a unit from one weather u have to drop outside of where u wabnted to drop is beside the point i think. u have that ability same as they do to possibly counter the transport . id hate to be able to drop 6 percies ontop of someones 4 sams with my t3 transport as uef.. dunno what else there is to say about that
Pic

FAF User Name: intothewild

Postby Kryo » 27 May 2012, 16:34

if this would be improved, it would be awesome. Though I dont know how much you can influence this. Its part of pathfinding, isnt it?
Kryo
Evaluator

FAF User Name: Kryo

Return to dstojkov balance forum