To fix in the future?

Forum for Blackops Featured Mods.

Moderators: ExavierMacbeth, lt_hawkeye, OrangeKNight

To fix in the future?

Postby Zsombi » 28 Mar 2015, 02:11

Hi there.
I know the mod is not really worked on, but I still want to tell you about some things I would like to be changed somehow, sometime in the future, if possible. --Whenever I play with BlackOps it is nearly always "offline" using the last official version, so I have no idea how things are together with the FAF versions.-- Also, I don't really know anymore what the BlackOps mods modify regarding vanilla stuff, so there might be things that were never modified and I just did not really notice them before. Here it goes:
---
For some reason as soon as a hover unit starts to attack (or sometimes even just to target) something, unless I set the firing stance to hold fire, they will not listen to any movement orders until there is nothing to attack (or target) in their range.
---
The Aeon T2 TMD's range is so small that it is useless now. The new T3 TMD has awesome range, but its firing speed is too slow to be effective by itself. I guess it was intended to complement the T2 one, but like this it just seems as a failed "replacement" attempt.
---
I know there is a known bug with the Aeon T4 naval "doughnut" sometimes not rebuilding its drones if they are lost while the unit is being submerged, but often it bugs out even when kept on the surface.
---
Some defensive structures, like the Cybran T3 Cloak Generator and all anti-teleports, don't show a range ring when placing the blueprint; they show only when they are completed.
---
I am not certain if it was intended that the Cybran "screaming" T4 to move around in both firing modes, but it can be moved around either way. Since it can dish out more damage and has greatly increased firing range in artillery mode while still being able to move around, its primary mode is useful only when travelling long distances, otherwise it is better to just keep it in artillery mode all the time.

One might think that in its secondary mode it replaces most of its weapons for the two big artillery cannons and the two side guns, but in fact it just replaces the top gun to the double artillery. ... it's not bad, just strange.

Regarding its voice, it would be appreciated if its volume would be greatly lowered or better, the frequent random screaming removed altogether. It is extremely annoying.

In the past it was said to "wander off on its own sometimes", but in fact it does so all the time, except when the firing stance is set to hold fire or is set to manual targeting. It should wander off a lot less often... preferably never.

Even its humongous price tag is overshadowed by its horrible, loud screams and its frequent (or random -it doesn't really matter) occasions it wanders off on its own accord. Honestly, I don't think anyone in such an era would even just remotely think of using something so autonomous. With the right stuff it can be destroyed fairly easily, and to prevent that I constantly have to babysit it. ... It's completely inefficient.
---
The Seraphim T4 naval Dreadnought can, supposedly, build SMD projectiles, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be able to use them.
---
At T3 the Cybrans get a T3 submarine that is supposedly made to counter the Seraphim one, but for some reason even two of them lose against one Seraphim T3 submarine.
---
Right now both T2 and T3 radars can be attained and maintained fairly easily and they cover large to huge areas too. If the opponent uses radar capable units, then cloak becomes obsolete alone. It is truly useful only combined with stealth. But as soon as T3 radar is built, depending on map size, even cloak-stealth combos become largely or entirely useless.

Therefore, the T2 radar's upkeep cost (whose reach is that of what I would have given for a T3 one) should be increased (it's too cheap for the area it covers) to at least 1k or even 1,5k. While the T3 radar's upkeep cost is about 2k, which should be increased to 4-5k, its Omni range should also be reduced with about 10%.

There is nothing with both stealth and cloak that is too strong to defend against with relative ease. If a stealth army, T3 or even T4, gets too close to important assets unnoticed, that is just bad scouting from the player's part.
---
For some reason any AI type player can "see" a stealthed & cloaked UNIT if that is not at its full health or if it is hit once even by just splash effect.
---
For some reason whenever I use the Seraphim mine laying missile, the mines take up unit cap space. Maybe it is a problem on my end, otherwise it would be nice not to have it that way. If they could be made to "exist like trees", for example, that would be good, because they are always shot down as soon as they get scouted and their deployment time from the moment of targeting is too long anyway to be used like TMLs against moving targets, however slow those might be.

... Or their timer runs out. That is another thing, they should not have a life-timer on them. I don't think people would take the time to make mine forests anyway.

The way they function in C&C Generals would be ideal, I think. Maybe with the possibility to select them (so they can be "removed" if obsolete) and having their selection priority the lowest possible (below engineers?).
---
In BO the Seraphim T2 artillery projectile becomes about 3 or so tracking anti-naval projectiles when touching water surface.
If I have only an omni sensor I can't see submerged stuff at all, if I have sonar too, then, I can see them as unidentified structure/naval stuff. On the other hand the AI seems to be able to see submerged stuff even with just an omni sensor. That should be fixed if possible.

Now the Seraphim T2 artillery's BO bonus is much less useful for naval denial in the hands of human players. Otherwise, overall, it is even better than the Cybran HARMS, because even though it deals less damage per salvo, it has a much longer range and unless the navy is shielded or it can evade the main projectile plus has enough torpedo-defense, the artillery will always deal some damage to its target.
---
The rapid-fire artilleries (structure) are even worse than the Cybran T2 PD. :0 They cost more than any T2 artillery installation, are more inaccurate, have larger min. radius & smaller max. radius than a T2 arty. installation, and deal relatively minimal damage. :/
---
All strategic submarines and the Seraphim T3 Battleship too can fire their strategic "light" nukes from underwater and their (those) projectiles can only be countered with SMDs. Why can't the new UEF T3 submarine fire its tactical "tiny" nukes from underwater? It only takes 2 TMD hits or 1 Aeon TMD to counter one such projectile anyway (in addition TMD projectile is free unlike those of SMDs).
---
As BO ACU gun upgrades increase the primary gun's range ring marker it would be nice to have an Overcharge marker too as that range always seems to be smaller than the maximum range a gun arm can reach.
---
The UEF T4 Disruptor's shield bubble is too small. It doesn't protect the unit well enough, especially if it is in the water. For some reason, in all (/most) cases, if the shield is hit, the unit health also decreases. I suggest adjusting the shield bubble size.
---
The UEF air fortress is bugged in several ways. It is rare if air units can dock and even when they can, they circle around the unit "for ages". Units cannot land on the docking surfaces, instead they go in towards the center of the unit and then suddenly appear on the docking surfaces out of nowhere. -- in the latest version they cannot dock at all.

Their model should be changed, by putting the two large air to surface cannons to the bottom of each "pier" (don't know how to call those) from the sides. Right now they often clip into the model; they can't both hit the same target; if it is told to attack the surface, the unit just flies to, above the target with both guns pointing down but without any of them doing anything at all.

If they are not put at the bottom, they should at least be put on the lower outer-edges - that would most likely have the same effect.

The unit also has icons to build and launch missiles, but activating/clicking those won't do anything.
---
The Seraphim T4 hover tank doesn't replace its drones if they are destroyed.
---
The Cybran T4 air transport unit's surface attack movement should be fixed. Now the way it circles around the target, only one or two of its rear weapons fire. More like it is like the unit's rear part circles around the target, not the whole unit.

One would expect that it can carry many units of different sizes, but unlike the regular transports, this one can only carry the same amount of units regardless of whether they are T3, T2 or T1.

Also, from its size it would be expected to be able to carry at least 4 or 6 of the Aeon T3 and UEF T3 heavy tanks. From the size I also thought it can carry the UEF T4 Disruptor, but it can carry none of those. :(

When firing at air units flying all around it, it often flips around its horizontal center line.
---
Considering how anti-satellite defense works now, its range and how easily attainable it is, both the UEF Novax and the Aeon Atremis control centers should be cheaper.. Or the defense range should be decreased... Or the anti-satellite projectiles should also require to be built and stored.

The easiest or best option would probably be to add a separate structure for anti-satellite purposes, which would cost (mass, energy, time) at least as much as an SMD, and for the reason mentioned above this too should need to build its projectiles.

Anti-satellites in general should not have much larger ranges than the largest range on any satellite. Right now the Aeon Artemis' damage range is the widest of all, thus the defense structure's range should be only a little bit larger than that damage area. ... Satellites aren't really durable anyway, and even if the satellite centers' cost would be halved, the defences would still be complete and loaded at least with a few projectiles.
---
The UEF T1 Mobile PD's deployed unit box is horizontally longer with 1 cell than the model itself. Makes structure placement around it problematic.
---
The way the Seraphim ACU's defense enhancement was implemented it makes structure placement around the unit problematic.
---
The Cybran ACU's arm, when upgraded with rockets can turn horizontally in a 360 degree radius to attack targets, even clipping through the body.

Its microwave laser can also clip through the body if the unit is occupied with something that prevents the body from turning but there is something in the laser's range around the unit.
---
The Cybran T2 Amhibious Tank can use its torpedoes even while on the surface.
---
None of the AIs build any of the new weapon structures.
---
In nearly all matches there is always at least 1 or 2 of the AI players of any type that do not upgrade their ACUs. I have never seen an AI player of any type that would upgrade their SACUs either.

Thanks for reading. :)
Zsombi

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Zsombi

Return to Blackops