BO vs Sorian AI

Forum for Blackops Featured Mods.

Moderators: ExavierMacbeth, lt_hawkeye, OrangeKNight

BO vs Sorian AI

Postby Aemaeth » 13 Mar 2012, 10:09

We played two games against bots (Sorian AI both times) and the bots didn't build any BO units. I know BO has Sorian support, but is it working in FAF?
Aemaeth

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: BO vs Sorian AI

Postby FunkOff » 13 Mar 2012, 13:41

Aemaeth wrote:We played two games against bots (Sorian AI both times) and the bots didn't build any BO units. I know BO has Sorian support, but is it working in FAF?

How many times am I going to have to fix this?
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby AwarE » 13 Mar 2012, 13:42

That’s strange because in the last game I played using BO and Sorian AI, the AI built BO custom units. Both AI’s were Aeon faction and as well as building many T1-T2-T3 BO units they also built 3 types of Experimentals.

I may have a different instalation than you as I am running three BO mods from the normal forged alliance part of the server, not the BO devoted server.
Therefor I run the mods from C:\Documents and Settings\roger\My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods. Whereas you may be running the NEW BO mod from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\FAForever\gamedata.
I'm on XP so a win7 install will use different folder names but same is true.

Hmmm... I don't say I have the BO install completly solved because when the AI does build BO units it has a less efficient economy and a weaker attack. Also the game speed is slower at the 1hr mark.

roj
AwarE
Priest

Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: AwarE

Postby FunkOff » 13 Mar 2012, 14:08

AwarE wrote:That’s strange because in the last game I played using BO and Sorian AI, the AI built BO custom units. Both AI’s were Aeon faction and as well as building many T1-T2-T3 BO units they also built 3 types of Experimentals.

I may have a different instalation than you as I am running three BO mods from the normal forged alliance part of the server, not the BO devoted server.
Therefor I run the mods from C:\Documents and Settings\roger\My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods. Whereas you may be running the NEW BO mod from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\FAForever\gamedata.
I'm on XP so a win7 install will use different folder names but same is true.

Hmmm... I don't say I have the BO install completly solved because when the AI does build BO units it has a less efficient economy and a weaker attack. Also the game speed is slower at the 1hr mark.

roj

Were these games on FAF?
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby AwarE » 13 Mar 2012, 23:34

Yes Funk... FAF3612
AwarE
Priest

Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: AwarE

Postby BlackFish » 15 Mar 2012, 04:14

I managed to get blackops working with sorian AI just fine. However, one odd thing was that it loved to spam t3 transports and lead them to their deaths. (So, it can be improved).
BlackFish
Crusader

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Tenshi07 » 15 Mar 2012, 16:43

BO and Sorian AI works fine for me. I saw him using the Cybran BO experimentals, trying to wipe my base out. He doesn't seem to know how to change into artillery mode though. Hmm
Tenshi07
Crusader

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 15 Mar 2012, 17:32

Tenshi07 wrote:He doesn't seem to know how to change into artillery mode though. Hmm

Thats because we only provided code to allow Sorian's AI to swap our units into existing platoons. The AI still lacks the specialty code to understand how to use advanced tactics. Several units were not included in the AI's tables because of this reason. For example we can let the AI build the Teleport Bot from BO:SpecWep but the AI doesn't understand how to make it teleport because it was never coded to use a teleporter (even on the ACU/SCUs)
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Return to Blackops