Error loading BO mods in skirmish single player [Fixed]

Forum for Blackops Featured Mods.

Moderators: ExavierMacbeth, lt_hawkeye, OrangeKNight

Error loading BO mods in skirmish single player [Fixed]

Postby Tenshi07 » 10 Mar 2012, 11:50

[note] Found out later this has nothing directly to do with BO, but just a bug that was to be fixed. Nothing to worry about now. :D

Can't seem to be able to load up any BO mods into single player skirmish. The mods are in the correct place to be loaded, but fail to be detected. Something is wrong! Was working just fine before this latest 3612 patch.

FAF Game Patch: 3612
BO Mod versions: Latest
BO Mod types: All
Environment: Singleplayer Skirmish
BO File type: *.scd

If I play with the default *.exe, patch 3599, the BO mods are detected and work.

Also I will not run a private game from off the lobby. The lobby for me is about playing with other people. I don't always want to do that. There is also no save feature with multiplayer, and since I want to play at my own pace... plus the current FAF lobby lacks the support of all the BO mods atm.
Last edited by Tenshi07 on 10 Mar 2012, 17:02, edited 3 times in total.
Tenshi07
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Error loading BO mods in skirmish single player

Postby Tenshi07 » 10 Mar 2012, 13:34

Well when putting BO into the specified location to the C drive, I can't play a skirmish map. Fails to load the map with a perpetual "IN TRANSIT" loading that never ends. Fail! Looks like I'll have to play skirmish with the original game and forget FAF, not unless this problem gets fixed.
Tenshi07
Crusader

Postby Ze_PilOt » 10 Mar 2012, 14:08

Post logs please. I dont see a good reason why it is not working.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Tenshi07 » 10 Mar 2012, 14:28

Tenshi07 wrote:Well, when BlackOps (non-faf) is placed in the "...Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata" file structure, the only BO mod to appear is "BlackOps Adv Command Units", version 3.2. None of the others show up. This is for *.scd

When all of the BlackOps mods (all 6 of them) are extracted (files inside *.scd archive are extracted) into the file structure "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\mods", all BO mods appear and work.

This tells me that there seems to be something wrong with the *.scd in the gamedata folder for patch version 3612. Was working fine with 3611.

Finished editing.
Tenshi07
Crusader

Re: Error loading BO mods in skirmish single player [Fixed]

Postby FunkOff » 10 Mar 2012, 17:38

You can launch singleplayer in any featured mod by making a shortcut with the command line specifying the right datapath.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Re: Error loading BO mods in skirmish single player [Fixed]

Postby raxlan » 02 Apr 2013, 19:42

Can you give me an enample of this commandline?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe" -???
raxlan

FAF User Name: raxlan

Return to Blackops