Bug With lobby 8.78

Forum for Blackops Featured Mods.

Moderators: ExavierMacbeth, lt_hawkeye, OrangeKNight

Bug With lobby 8.78

Postby SteelAce » 18 Sep 2013, 02:40

BlackOps does not show the new lobby. Also, multiplayer games are now limited to 2 people when using Blackops. Any more, and the players can't connect to each other when trying to start the game. They connect just fine with the host, but not to each other. Please fix asap.
SteelAce

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: SteelAce

Re: Bug With lobby 8.78

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Sep 2013, 08:19

It is normal that it show the old lobby.

And I can't replicate your problem, it show the correct amount of spots.

That would be surprising that 0.8.78 break something about Blackops as no file concerning it was modified.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby piratep2r » 18 Sep 2013, 19:56

Oh thank goodness that someone is having some of the same problems! We had a very frustrating time last night and assumed there was something wrong with our connection.

I think that Ze_PilOt did not understand what you were saying, SA. I will attempt to explain in a different way:

Abe hosts a game on black ops (which he can see in the FAF lobby), and picks a map (either stock or custom). Bart, Charlie, and Dane all join in that order. Everyone sees the correct map and the correct number of slots. However, not all is well:

Abe and whoever joined first, in this case Bart, have a connection and can see each other in the set up.
Charlie and Dane can see Abe, and have a connection to Abe, but not to each other or to Dane. Sometimes Charlie and Dane can see the other players names, and sometimes not.
If everyone "readies up" by clicking their box, only Abe will see this, though everyone can see that Abe has readied up. Other people will not see that the #2, #3, and #4 players are ready, if they see them at all.
If Abe clicks "launch," the chat box in the lower left will display a message something like "Player Charlie is not connected to Player Dane, Player Bart is not connected to Player Charlie, Player Bart is not connected to Player Dane..." etc.

Finally, if only two players set up a game, they can play.

Does this make more sense? Didn't have an error report because it never even connected.

Thanks for reading Ze_PilOt, thanks for posting Steel Ace,

P
piratep2r
Crusader

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: piratep2r

Postby SteelAce » 19 Sep 2013, 02:43

Ze_Pilot, thanks for checking this out. If you want to replicate the problem and see what I am talking about, just host a BlackOps game (any map) with more than 2 human players. When you try to launch the actual game, you will get an error stating that the other players can't connect to each other, and the game will not launch. If there are only 2 of you, the game will launch and run properly. This is not an isolated incident. Check the replays, nobody is using BlackOps any more for games with more than 2 human players.
SteelAce

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: SteelAce

Postby Ze_PilOt » 19 Sep 2013, 07:59

I have no problems and by checking the game replays, plenty games were played with more than 2 players these last days.

If you want to make an official report so I investigate further:
viewforum.php?f=3
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby piratep2r » 20 Sep 2013, 02:24

Thank you Ze_PilOt;

One of our members thinks it may be connection issue, and he is moving in a week, so we will try to replicate before and after, and will then make a post in the correct place if we are still having a problem.

Given that we are currently unable to start a Black Ops 3+ player game at all, is there anything like a "log" that we should post if it comes to that?

Cheers,

P
piratep2r
Crusader

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: piratep2r

Postby Ze_PilOt » 20 Sep 2013, 08:34

Logs are written from the start of FA. So yes you can post some.

Also, I'm perfectly able to connect more than 3 players, so it's really on your side.

To be sure, I've put the newest lobby for blackops too.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Return to Blackops