Energy Maintenance Modding Question

Forum for Blackops Featured Mods.

Moderators: ExavierMacbeth, lt_hawkeye, OrangeKNight

Energy Maintenance Modding Question

Postby Nottonius » 28 Mar 2013, 19:54

Hello.

My apologies if I am intruding but I gather that those responsible for creating the Blackops mod include the more talented modders. Henceforth, I figured I'd ask my question in the Blackops forum as there seems to be a lack of sections established for general modding guidance.

Question: Is it possible to enforce mandatory energy maintenance (without a toggle button) for a unit that normally does not have maintenance.

Economy = {
MaintenanceConsumptionPerSecondEnergy = 200, #for radar
},

I have been able to enable energy maintenance through the implementation of the toggle buttons (toggle radar). When a unit is created at the factory, however, radar is active but the energy maintenance is NOT. I can click the toggle radar button to turn the radar off and when I turn the radar on again, THEN the energy maintenance is active. This is not practical, of course, as the player simply would never turn the radar off upon being built.

I saw that a cybran stealth plane has code to disable its stealth upon completion at the factory. Looks like the code is in the unit's script file so I am worried that I would have to enable maintenance by copying every unit folder and its contents to modify the scripting file (I'm relatively unskilled).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Nottonius

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Nottonius

Re: Energy Maintenance Modding Question

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 02 Apr 2013, 21:49

Sorry for a delayed response. I don't make it to this forum as often as I should. Mostly we still watch the GPG threads as thats where we tend to get most of our questions :P

You would have to play with a units script file to set it up to turn on/off energy maintenance without using a toggle. I would recommend looking through the GPG Forums Mod Dev Support forum for information. There are alot of guides in the stickies and if the search isn't being annoying you can find alot of tidbits that can help.

http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewforum.php?f=19
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Return to Blackops