Standard Black Ops Mod (commander/unit upgrades) not found.

Forum for Blackops Featured Mods.

Moderators: ExavierMacbeth, lt_hawkeye, OrangeKNight

Standard Black Ops Mod (commander/unit upgrades) not found.

Postby Hanzz2015 » 26 Aug 2018, 20:47

Not sure what's going on, but Black Ops, as I remember it from 2015, is no longer here. What gives?
Only thing on the FAF mod vault is Commanders X4 BlackOps V2. Which is NOT what I'm looking for. Anyone know where I can get a functional BlackOps mod rar? As a FAF player I'm confused as to why (reading over years of comments) BlackOps has shown up then disappeared repeatedly.
Hanzz2015

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Hanzz2015

Re: Standard Black Ops Mod (commander/unit upgrades) not fou

Postby PhilipJFry » 26 Aug 2018, 21:01

the mod is in the mod vault
https://i.imgur.com/ANbE7Ob.png
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Uveso » 27 Aug 2018, 17:16

Please only download black ops with "FAF" inside the name,
and don't use the black ops icon support mod for the FAF game version!
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Postby MrTBSC » 13 Apr 2019, 10:22

is there still any nonFAF version available i can use for steamFA ?
MrTBSC

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Mr.TBSC

Postby PhilipJFry » 13 Apr 2019, 10:26

try looking at third party sites such as nexusmods or moddb
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 16 Apr 2019, 17:22

MrTBSC wrote:is there still any nonFAF version available i can use for steamFA ?

Are you refering to the original pre-FAF releases or a package someone created for Steam after FAF took over updates to the mods?

I still have all the pre-FAF mod packages stored on my server. The old download links i used when GPG was around only went down about a month ago when I switched domain host providers as I haven't had time to set the download section back up at the new location. If its the old packages you want I can get them re-loaded to my server this weekend.

I'm afraid I don't posses any of the releases that occured after FAF started managing updates since I was no longer active with the project.
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Postby MrTBSC » 18 Apr 2019, 18:29

ExavierMacbeth wrote:
MrTBSC wrote:is there still any nonFAF version available i can use for steamFA ?

Are you refering to the original pre-FAF releases or a package someone created for Steam after FAF took over updates to the mods?

I still have all the pre-FAF mod packages stored on my server. The old download links i used when GPG was around only went down about a month ago when I switched domain host providers as I haven't had time to set the download section back up at the new location. If its the old packages you want I can get them re-loaded to my server this weekend.

I'm afraid I don't posses any of the releases that occured after FAF started managing updates since I was no longer active with the project.

would it be possible for you to release/upload the prefaf mod on moddb or would that be too much of a hassle?
MrTBSC

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 25 Apr 2019, 18:01

MrTBSC wrote:
ExavierMacbeth wrote:Are you refering to the original pre-FAF releases or a package someone created for Steam after FAF took over updates to the mods?

would it be possible for you to release/upload the prefaf mod on moddb or would that be too much of a hassle?

Too much hassle. Mostly because these are very old packages from back when GPG was still around and while still usable with the "official" versions of the game they are horribly outdated when it comes to the current FAF version of the game. After GPG folded & FAF spun up this community the original Blackops team moved on to other games and left further updates to the FAF Team.

I thought Blackops had an entry on moddb. Back when the project was in full swing I let anyone who felt like managing it set up download mirrors on sites like that. I only kept my downloads to my file server because I owned the web domain... figured I might as well use it for something :)

I didn't get them uploaded last weekend, got side tracked by life but will try to get it up there this weekend.
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Postby MrTBSC » 29 Apr 2019, 00:20

i´m currently not playing on FAF but rather FA on steam so this would be were i would have used the mod ...
but if a moddb re/release would be too much of a hassle ... well too bad :/ .... can´t ask for things that would be too stressfull for little gain ..

still thank you for the information :) ...
MrTBSC

Return to Blackops