Blackops Leaderboard

Forum for Blackops Featured Mods.

Moderators: ExavierMacbeth, lt_hawkeye, OrangeKNight

Blackops Leaderboard

Postby socketcity » 18 Jul 2012, 09:45

I would like to express my love for Blackops. I believe that this mod is the best on FAF. I have played several games but I would love to see a scoring system used for Blackops games. I asked ZP and he said that I should post this message here and told me that it is easy to do, but it is up to the mod developer so here I am. I would also like to give a suggestion on how easy a score system should be.. like a win is 1 point/loss -1 point (even if disconnect by user) I dunno.. I think most scoring systems are kinda too complicated when it should be easy, regardless of any restrictions or things. Anyway.. hope to get response.
socketcity

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: socketcity

Re: Blackops Leaderboard

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Jul 2012, 10:28

So in resume :

- Do you want me to implement a leaderboard ? Do you want it to work using trueskill ?

I can also eventually do a matchmaker.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 19 Jul 2012, 15:58

@Ze_PilOt: FAF is your toy so if you want to set up a ranked/matchmaking/scoring system for BO matches then I don't see a problem with it. :)

Let me know if there is anything on our end you might need set up directly within our mods (scripts to dump values into sync tables for UI or tracking components for example).
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Postby Ze_PilOt » 19 Jul 2012, 16:03

The only change needed would be something to report the ACU kills. I can add that myself in a separate mini-BO mod if you want ? (so it doesn't mess with any of your code).
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 19 Jul 2012, 20:35

might be the best way to do it. I am trying not to do another release of ACUs at the moment. Mostly because i don't have the time to get everything into it I would want :P

But if you PM me the changes I could probobly incorporate them later.
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Postby lt_hawkeye » 23 Jul 2012, 08:16

keep in mind that BO wasn't meant to be played competitively, some things might end up being seen as OP when done in a competitive game
lt_hawkeye
Crusader

Return to Blackops