Callstack:Unknown symbol (address 0x008d3ecc)

Forum for Blackops Featured Mods.

Moderators: ExavierMacbeth, lt_hawkeye, OrangeKNight

Postby Commlink » 04 Jul 2012, 17:54

At the request of funkoff I'm double posting here and in black ops forum about the above error first of i have done some testing back and fourth the problem started and is still present with black ops(even after the new path released this weekend). I decided to do some digging and record my findings, in each instance my particle count was given as exceeded noticeably so on thermo maps where black ops experimental where in play such as Basilisks and Goliaths.

At the time the error code always given was

Which was indicated it maybe my ram until some other players pointed out they also received this code and as it was only in black ops and could play fa without problems i also tested with xtreme wars, wvyern battle pack and phantom x with no problems untill me and a friend thought we would mess around in normal fa my friend built 160 nuke stations and fired the nukes all at my base at my anti nukes began to fire fa stopped working and i was given the same error telling me Callstack:Unknown symbol (address 0x008d3ecc)
and indicated that my particle count and been exceeded.

it was advised that i post my findings in normal tech support and in the black ops tech support.

I believe the excess weapon effects from some of the black ops units mainly the experimentals are causing the problems and rendering the mod unplayable for some.

a record of my replays, maps and when i experienced crashes can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/qLqDmxgU

last few lines of my log are here, note that i left off some of the particle errors as it continued on for some time:
http://pastebin.com/1gfyZPET

if any additional information is required please don't hesitate to ask, or if you require me to test something let me know.

Commlink
Commlink
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Callstack:Unknown symbol (address 0x008d3ecc)

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 09 Jul 2012, 21:10

You would think we would watch this forum more often but it seems we arn't in the habit of monitoring the FAF side of things as much yet :P

This is the first report I have seen of this but I can say that the effects needed to make the Flamethrower (Goliath) or Plasma Cannon (Basilisk) generally do exceed the particle cap reguardless of how many times we try to cut back on the effect particles (which is a pain in the butt). The problem is by their very nature they are particle heavy & generally the game just starts dropping them without problems.

Whats throwing me off for this bug report is the Callstack error. Where are you getting that from because that doesn't sound like a SupCom log error (and isn't in the log you posted). Is that error being thrown out from FAF's overlay or something else... Do you happen to have a screenshot?
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Postby Commlink » 11 Jul 2012, 20:21

the log generated on crash is done inside faf lobby and all bugs are noted in logs which zep is always asking to see so might have to confer with him.

I will try to explain what happens loads of exp fighting on a thermo then all of a sudden slow down, then game stops completely i can still chat and talk to everyone in game(they can read and reply), but it will be like its paused. alt tabbing allows me to see an error thats come up, generated by faf telling me the call stack error and the particle overflow is listed below it. I have to click on abort program before fa will respond and close, but as i said im still able to talk to other players on chat in game without problem. Also FAF does not crash and runs fine its just FA Black ops other mods i haven't had a problem with.

Next time i will try grab a screen shot if the problem reoccurs, also please let me know what other details you may require to help locate and solve the problem as the logs dont seem to help you guys much :).
Commlink
Crusader

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 11 Jul 2012, 23:15

Lmao the normal logs help alot when its the gpg generated log. I am not familiar with FAF error codes to make sense of those :P

Though by your description is sounds like a sim speed crash. We have seen those before (even on non-modded games) and seems to happen the longer the game runs. Never been able to really pin down what causes it but its like the game engine just decides to stop processing the sim side of things.
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Postby Commlink » 12 Jul 2012, 00:13

sounds like it, but dont want to like yes that exactly it when i dont know :P.

I can usually play black ops give it 30 minutes, its when it reaches past that it goes all problematic although it only started happening to me recently after the acu and unleashed had been added to faf before these black ops was fine for me. Maybe that can help narrow it down?

Also i running an i7
ati sapphire 5770

if my stats help any.
Commlink
Crusader

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 12 Jul 2012, 00:21

When you say it started happening after they where added to FAF what do you mean exactly? Our existance on FAF has had 3 stages so far...
1) Mod Manager Only (Standard Mods)
2) Unleashed on Featured
3) Unleashed & ACUs on Featured

When did you start noticing it happening? That would help us narrow it down.
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Postby Commlink » 12 Jul 2012, 00:29

lucky number 3
Commlink
Crusader

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 12 Jul 2012, 00:35

Do me a favor then. Next game try unchecking ACUs and running it with just Unleashed. If it does work find without ACUs then that will narrow it down and give me something more precise to look at.

I already know of one known bug in ACUs that I have never been able to squash (primarily due to lack of time & annoying complexity of Sorian's AI code) but it will give me a place to start. :)
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Postby Commlink » 12 Jul 2012, 00:48

ok will do i'll post he game.log on paste bin as well after the crash to help narrow down more :).
Commlink
Crusader

Return to Blackops