Bug: crash while ingame

Forum for Blackops Featured Mods.

Moderators: ExavierMacbeth, lt_hawkeye, OrangeKNight

Bug: crash while ingame

Postby Marcimio » 25 Jun 2012, 15:32

hello,
so, i get an error mid-ingame, at random time and it doesnt occour every game (like at 4 of 10 games ).
Totally random for me... me and my friend looked already for updates and already posted things like happen here.

so here the error:

Unhandled exception:

bad allocation

Program : C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe
Cmd line arguments : /ratingcolor 00000000 /numgames 0 /rating 0 /init init_blackops.lua /log C:\ProgramData\FAForever\logs\game.log /savereplay gpgnet://localhost/175397/Marcimio.SCFAreplay /nobugreport /gpgnet 127.0.0.1:50309

Callstack:
Unknown symbol (address 0x008d3ecc)

Last 100 lines of log...

info: <LOC urs0201_desc>Destroyer\000 watchbone is \0000
debug: Loading module '\000/units/bsb0001/bsb0001_script.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/blackopsdefaultantiprojectile.lua\000'
warning: Error running lua script: attempt to use as string a nil value
stack traceback:
[C]: in function `CreateProp'
...orged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\defaultunits.lua(3749): in function <...orged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\defaultunits.lua:3738>
(tail call): ?
... - forged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\sim\unit.lua(5049): in function `DeathThread'
...orged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\defaultunits.lua(3733): in function <...orged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\defaultunits.lua:3670>
stack traceback:
...orged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\defaultunits.lua(3749): in function <...orged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\defaultunits.lua:3738>
... - forged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\sim\unit.lua(5049): in function `DeathThread'
...orged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\defaultunits.lua(3733): in function <...orged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\defaultunits.lua:3670>
stack traceback:
debug: Loading module '\000/projectiles/archangelmissile01/archangelmissile01_script.lua\000'
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
debug: Loading module '\000/projectiles/cifprotonbomb01/cifprotonbomb01_script.lua\000'
stack traceback:
info: ___SE___ spawning waves: G9 A5
warning: Failed to assaign unit xel0306 a slot in the formation AttackFormation (units=30, formation slots=30)
warning: Failed to assaign unit xel0306 a slot in the formation AttackFormation (units=30, formation slots=30)
warning: Failed to assaign unit xel0306 a slot in the formation AttackFormation (units=29, formation slots=29)
warning: Failed to assaign unit xel0306 a slot in the formation AttackFormation (units=29, formation slots=29)
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
...orged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\defaultunits.lua(3733..

and so on.
Marcimio

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Marcimio

Re: Bug: crash while ingame

Postby Ze_PilOt » 25 Jun 2012, 15:46

Looks like a script error in blackOps. I move this in the appropriate forum.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 09 Jul 2012, 21:19

Gah sorry I missed this...
@Marcimio : I will try and load the replay this week and take a look.

@Ze_PilOt : Is there any way to extract a full log from an FAF game (without requiring the actual tag for it). Just having the last 100 lines is not helpful because it generally gets filled with secondary script crashes & shows neither the original error nor what extra mods may be running on the game :(

At first glance with what I have though it looks like the CreateProp function crashed (which Blackops doesn't touch as far as I am aware) when a UEF Destroyer was killed... Naval Wreckage having an issue somewhere possibly? Without having access to the full log I couldn't tell you if it was caused by our content or not.
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Postby Ze_PilOt » 09 Jul 2012, 22:20

Yes. The logs are automatically saved. Check the HELP menu, show logs. The one you are searching for is "game.log".
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Marcimio » 09 Jul 2012, 23:04

it didnt crashed my game for a while now, but some minutes ago it happend again! :(

here requested log:

("Your message contains 192561 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.")
so here:

http://textuploader.com/?p=6&id=eknJ

http://textuploader.com/?p=6&id=CnBUm

hope it helps
Marc
Marcimio

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 09 Jul 2012, 23:15

Could you post it up at www.pastebin.com? Seems your textuploader has a character limit and cut off the full log badly :roll:

Hmm though I do see 1 thing I am going to have to poke hawk about. Looks like he left the Hydra's weapon check comments active lol
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Postby Marcimio » 11 Jul 2012, 20:07

Marcimio

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 11 Jul 2012, 23:43

Hmm well I see a cpl of minor issues which I will have to poke hawk about but nothing that would cause an outright crash of the game. Especially since the errors in the first log you gave me don't appear in the new log.

@Ze_PilOt: I did notice a cpl things you might want to check on your end though.
Code: Select all
warning: Error running OnClick script in CScriptObject at 21280780: ...\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\ui\dialogs\mapselect.lua(493): attempt to call method `SetText' (a nil value)
and
warning: Error in file /lua/RuleInit.lua : Unknown exception
Are both being spammed alot in the logs so you might want to have someone poke it.

Also I do see alot of spam like this:
warning: Failed to assaign unit t1_fighter_blip a slot in the formation GrowthFormation (units=7, formation slots=1)
Not sure what these are tied to because I do know its nothing in our projects. Might want to have someone on your team take a look into it, if anything to prevent log spam :)

Also an error thats being thrown that shouldn't is...
info: Hooked /units/uaa0310/uaa0310_script.lua with /blackopshook/units/uaa0310/uaa0310_script.lua
warning: Error running OnCreate script in CScriptObject at 78eb04d0: Invalid bone name "Super_Muzzle01".
I think something isn't being loaded in the correct order on your end which is preventing the CZAR from getting its modified model with planetary cleanse beam components.

---

I also have a request for any of your AI gurus if they have a chance.
warning: Error running /lua/sim/tasks/EnhanceTask.lua script in CScriptObject at 5bb7d830: ...iance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\sim\tasks\enhancetask.lua(40): *ERROR: Ordered enhancement does not have the proper slot available!
I know this error is being caused by Sorian's AI and I am pretty sure its because he hard coded his rush AI scripts to force build the default gun upgrade on the ACUs rather than using the normal builder templates. If you have someone who is maintaining those AI scripts on FAF's side now can you see if they can throw an IF check in there? Since those upgrades don't exist on BO:ACU's commanders it causes minor issues (and I think is why the commanders sometimes go idle for most of the game).

---

Still don't see anything that will cause an outright crash :?
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Postby Ze_PilOt » 12 Jul 2012, 00:21

Can you open ticket here so I don't forget to check all this ? https://bitbucket.org/thepilot/forged-a ... orever-lua
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 12 Jul 2012, 00:24

Yea I will do that when I get home tonight... for some reason my work security system is blocking that site on me :roll:
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Return to Blackops