Black Ops Special Edition?

Forum for Blackops Featured Mods.

Moderators: ExavierMacbeth, lt_hawkeye, OrangeKNight

Black Ops Special Edition?

Postby ThirdWorld » 22 May 2012, 15:49

I was wondering if there were any plans to add this to the black ops bundle on FAF.

The url for the mod is here.
http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?t=40574

EDIT:Looks like I am just a dumb dumb guy. Friend and I were trying to figure out why certain units were not in our game. He had version 5.2 of unleashed and I had 5.1 so it turned it off soon as he joined.
ThirdWorld

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: ThirdWorld

Re: Black Ops Special Edition?

Postby Brandon007 » 22 May 2012, 18:54

For one, you both need the exact same version of a mod for it to work properly.

2ndly, It might be, its just has to be updated.
Gotta play the Nomads!

I might put up my Mod on here to, if everyones nice enough.
Brandon007

Postby OrangeKNight » 24 May 2012, 04:31

Brandon, we can handle questions regarding our own mod fine, you don't see us trying to answer questions regarding your mod, especially considering you aren't even dealing with all the questions being asked.

ThirdWorld, as said you need to make sure you both have the same version, you can check the version of your mod in the Mod_Info file which should be in the "BlackOps[Mod Name]" folder. Having different issues leads to things like missing out on new stuff and if you both try to use a unit that has been changed/updated between versions you'll get a desync and the game could crash.

As far as Special weapons, ACUs and things liek the Naval Rebalance goes,They very recently only just added the feature(originally for BO specifically, thought I'm sure other mods that need it can use it as well) to select from a list which BO mods you want to use(say you wanted just the ACUs for example) for the Featured Mod Section, thing is we just haven't yet gotten around to porting the rest over, between that and the fact we're in the final stretch for 4 or so new units for Special Weapons(with more being planned of course) so we might hold off until we can get those good enough for release, I think there was also some potential concerns for the coding for the ACUs(I think there is like 1500+ lines of code for each ACU) and how it convert over to the setup they use for the Featured Mods system, frankly I don't know what because of that cause I'm not a coder! xD

Mike
OrangeKNight
Crusader

Been liked: 2 times

Postby ExavierMacbeth » 25 May 2012, 15:55

I poked Hawk last night and he is going to see about getting Balance, Naval Rebalance, and SpecWep added to the FAF list. :)
Exavier Macbeth
Blackops Team Member
ExavierMacbeth
Crusader

Return to Blackops