Defending against the UEF Defense Satellite

Forum for the featured Mod X'Treme Wars

Moderator: asdrubaelvect

Defending against the UEF Defense Satellite

Postby Gumba213 » 11 Feb 2018, 09:01

WE have nukes turned off, how do you defend against the T4 UEF Defense Satellites, they took out my Cybran shields and I was defenseless against them. If my attacker brings a fleet of them how do I survive?
Gumba213
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Gumba213

Re: Defending against the UEF Defense Satellite

Postby ZLO_RD » 11 Feb 2018, 12:45

Build something usefull and win the game. (how many did he build? what did you build while he was making satelites? how quick you think satelites pay for themself?
Or build more shield, prefererably Sera or aeon, can also use mobile shields, shied SCU or shield assist, but that would probably mean that you are protectig your own game ender, or maybe if opponent spend so much mass for satelites you protect your superior eco, that later lets you win.

and yes obviosly you can't defend against satelites (unless mod allows something like that) you have to attack enemy and kill satelite control centers
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby JoonasTo » 11 Feb 2018, 15:32

Sure you can defend against satellites, just assist t2 shields and satellites don't have enough front-loaded damage to actually push through. Compared to the mass value of the satellite(28k) the value invested into shields is considerably less.

Also if you didn't know Gumba, you can upgrade cybran shields 4 times so they become as good as UEF T3 shields.
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

Postby Gumba213 » 14 Feb 2018, 02:49

thanks guys, I wish there was a way to take them out of the sky as they can be annoying during transport of ground units, with little to no defense
Gumba213
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Gumba213

Return to X'Treme Wars