Nukes not launching

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Nukes not launching

Postby slmarker » 31 Mar 2012, 22:12

Hello if I make a game with all aeon ALX_AI the ai will make nukes and will try to launch(the launcher says nuking) but nothing every comes out. the other 3 factions launch fine. sorian AI works like it should for the aeon. The nukes also launch as they should under version 3599 once you update to 3603 or any faf the nukes for the aeon alx ai are broken.
Thank you for reading my post.
slmarker

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Nukes not launching

Postby slmarker » 01 Apr 2012, 08:54

Ok so I have narrowed it down to where the problem is. programdata\faforever\gamedata\faforever\schook\lua\platoon.lua
The writing in the platoon.lua is very complicated to me. Maybe someone can fix it from here.
Thank you

EDIT I do not know for sure that the platoon.lua is the problem but when you delete that file the nukes launch as they should.
slmarker

Re: Nukes not launching FIXED i THINK

Postby slmarker » 01 Apr 2012, 09:21

FIXED IT I THINK. I just need someone to add it to the next update. here is what I changed I went to the
programdata\faforever\gamedata\faforever\schook\lua\platoon.lua and in the platoon lua I changed these 3 lines of code

IssueNuke({unit}, nukePos)
WaitSeconds(10)
IssueClearCommands({unit})

to this

IssueClearCommands({unit})
IssueNuke({unit}, nukePos)
WaitSeconds(10)

I have no idea why it only affected the aeon but it did if I did fix it I cannot believe that I did it. took me a long time to do it.
slmarker

Postby Varaxis » 06 Apr 2012, 13:53

It's not only the AI. I like to play Aeon and I sometimes find myself wondering where the F my nukes go after "launching". Do they launch straight up and not fly towards the target?

Also, while you're at it, update the launcher's tooltip to label it Volatile, as it does destroy lots of things around it if it gets destroyed.
Varaxis
Crusader

Postby FunkOff » 06 Apr 2012, 20:36

Varaxis wrote:It's not only the AI. I like to play Aeon and I sometimes find myself wondering where the F my nukes go after "launching". Do they launch straight up and not fly towards the target?

All the nukes work properly. However, nukes don't make any noise if they are shot down by smd, they just silently vanish... so consider that.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Return to Tech Support